Saturday, September 1, 2012

Being a part of society is exhausting

Waking up to a nice cool breeze is always nice when you're down in Fresno, so much nicer than muggy hotness and your hair sticking to your face! I walked my Nana and checked the phone to see if our mail came, it said that it was in Clovis so I was super excited, we can get on with our day now. I finally took some pics of "our tree" in the Wally parking lot, too. I just love these umbrella trees.

[caption id="attachment_645" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Under our umbrella-ella[/caption]

After getting everything back into place we headed over to the mail place, to only find out that our mail is at the post office and not at our postal place yet... we've been duped! haha No, I just read it wrong so we headed next door to the .99 cent store to roam around and see if there's anything we just could not live without, oh and also comparison shop! heehee We walked around, found a lot of fun items that we just messed with and helped a guy that couldn't find rice. We walked around and around looking for rice with him, just to find it right in front of his cart (and HE found it)! I said, "Well I guess we're all blind." And he said, "Yeah but I'm old...just an old Rastafarian blind man!" haha Thanks for the smile Mr. Rasta!

[caption id="attachment_647" align="aligncenter" width="300"] My kind of drink mon[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_648" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Now that's a mischievousness grin if I ever saw one[/caption]

 After all of our 'ruckus' at the .99 cent store we headed back over to Wal-mart and made a final decision (well for now) about our cooler situation. We were going to buy a 5-day cooler, because our regular cooler with two blocks of ice can last us about 5 days (we insulate it with pillows on top and on the side). We thought we could buy a 5-day cooler and make it last at least 7-8 days. On our way to the register we saw an iceless cooler, it made us double-think everything. We ended up leaving Wal-mart to go to Home internet of course. We researched into the iceless cooler and I got a few albums of pictures downloaded so we scored there. After our research, we decided we would try out the iceless cooler and if that didn't work out we would just buy the 5-day cooler. Back to Wally-world, we bought the cooler and some toilet stuff and were so much happier with what we came up with. We found the same exact stuff (for toilets) just way cheaper than the stuff they want you to buy in the camping section. The camping sani is $6.88 for 16 oz., the RV sani is $4.76 for 32 oz, so we bought two of the RV sani's and the rest of our paper goods and we were outta there! We had seen this guy in this van, totally looked like a traveler, for the last day and half we were in town, so we figured we would give our cooler to him. We walked over and he was very appreciative that we thought of him, said if he can't use it he was sure he knew someone that could. It made us feel good, too!

[caption id="attachment_650" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Someone got a new cooler today![/caption]

 We finally got a phone call that our mail had come in so we went and got our day late mail and went on with our day. We headed over to the other side of town because we decided we were going to try to do our grocery shopping at Winco, instead of Wal-mart due to all of the frustration we go through there. On our way to Winco, we saw a Bargain Discount Grocery Warehouse and thought, 'eh, why not." We stopped in, with my forty pieces of paper, did some comparison pricing, bought just a couple of things in bulk and left for Winco.

[caption id="attachment_651" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Trying Winco on for size[/caption]

We got to Winco and that place is huge and just as crazy as Wal-mart but the aisles were way bigger so you can maneuver around somewhat better and the people that work there are super duper nice. Again, we just bought a few items like bread and apples and got out of there. It just seemed like everything was at least a dollar (or more) more than Wal-mart prices, so you guessed it we went to Wal-mart. BUT we went to a different Wal-mart, we thought it would be better but it was just as crowded and the shelves were just as empty. We still got what we needed and got out of there, grocery shopping (for the most part) was done...and we got to drive down some beautiful streets, take a look...

[caption id="attachment_652" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Trees that look like fireworks? I'm in![/caption]

At this point in time, it was roughly around 4:00 p.m. we were totally exhausted. We still had a couple more places to hit before even thinking about going back up the mountain, so we decided we would just bite the bullet and stay another night, do what we had to do in the morning and get back. After sitting in a shady area of a parking lot for about a half hour, trying to get some kind of spark to drive back to "our side of town" a.k.a Clovis, we got enough energy to go the last few places we needed to go. On our way back over to Clovis, we saw a guy riding a bicycle with something very familiar to us in his hand...our cooler. We were in the midst of doing a u-turn so we had to turn back anyway and I tried to get a picture but he must have turned on a side road, that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen! We then found ourselves in the parking lot of a Barnes & Noble, yay...more free wifi! We found a nice spot in the shade for Nana Bug, got our computers and headed to the tables of Barnes & only find every single one of them full with what looked like people waiting for others to get up. Since we're not snobs, we just headed outside and found ourselves a nice patio front table, with a nice breeze and enough action to not be annoyed but just enough to be entertained.

[caption id="attachment_653" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Just a normal kind of day[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_654" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Front seat view to everything[/caption]

As the sun went down, we had to power back up, so J' went and got one of the GZ batteries (that we were going to give away but are now probably going to keep) and Savannah. We recharged and kept on what we were doing.

[caption id="attachment_655" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Glad we kept these babies![/caption]

I got about half-way through uploading our "adventure albums" and just a video or two, due to them not being in the right "version" so they take forever. It was a nice night, almost like a normal people night. We had quite the full day again and with just the fruit stand to hit in the morning we were done for now. We were headed to dance with the sheep and as we were laying there trying to simmer down for the night, (with no T.V. because we didn't bring the antennae), the thing you want least to happen when you're sleeping in a parking lot pulled up right next to us... a tow truck. For those of you that have read my blog in its entirety, you'll probably remember the tow truck that came and parked behind us at the Wal-mart that one morning and got us on our toes. It turns out that this was thee same exact tow truck and thee same exact guy. He came and parked pretty much right in front of us to where his tow-bed was in front of our bumper just about. I sat and watched him like a hawk for about 25 minutes, he just sat there and smoked his cigarettes, listened to his call-in radio (whatever they're called) and then he left.

[caption id="attachment_659" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Waiting for him to leave[/caption]

We figured this is probably one of his hiding/waiting spots, just an odd coincidence that it be the same truck AND guy. After the excitement died down we went into slumber for the night...

Tomorrow: back home with our minds at rest due to being stocked back up and ready to roll for the next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment