We are finally getting on with it here...phew! haha We have accomplished so much while being here at the "sisil's". Everything we needed to get done has been checked off the list and even the things that were added on late have also been checked off. We ordered another 'house' battery from GoalZero along with some cords/wires, everything is charged and in working order. We use the GoalZero battery for all electronics; computers, phone, camera, fans, pretty much anything you need to plug in. How we do it is, we have a GoalZero battery (now two), that looks similar to a car battery. This is now our 'electric bill'. We use the juice from the GoalZero to charge up all the stuff we need. When we need to charge the GZ battery, we plug that into our inverter (which we turn on while driving so we don't run Joon Van's battery down)... we definitely have to make sure we turn it off though, we don't need the van dying on us. That actually happened the other day, not because of this but because J' had been doing some work on our radio (it was making a buzzing noise that was driving him up a wall) and while he was working on the wires of the radio a fuse blew for the back lights, the interior lights and the reminder buzzer for the lights. We went to the mall and when we came out, Joon was dead... we forgot to turn the lights off, since there was no buzzer. Luckily, J' waved down a nice man and it took all of three minutes to get us going again. And thankfully (although it was a rainy, overcast day) the fan was still running on our Nanna Bug due to the GZ battery. HOORAY FOR GOALZERO!! haha
[caption id="attachment_1628" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Our new electricity[/caption]
We also decided since we had the time and the space that we needed to paint the inside of Joon. With the wood not being painted you can see every footprint and paw print that we make and it just looks plain dirty and for those that know me, dirt & I DO NOT play nice together. With it being painted we can wipe it down and not have to see dirt everywhere! We went to Home Depot and gathered all of our supplies and started on it yesterday. We sanded her down, filled in some holes (naturally from the wood and from screws) and primed it. It looks so pretty!
[caption id="attachment_1630" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Fillin' in holes. Goodbye paw prints![/caption]
[caption id="attachment_1631" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Look at that hand go! The Sand (wo)Man[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_1632" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Sitting in our 'living' room, haha[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_1633" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Primed and ready for paint[/caption]
We were worried, with the weather being rainy and chilly, that everything might not dry evenly... BUT everything dried and we were able to paint today. More pictures and updates on some other new things we did for our Joon Van tomorrow.
Making over Joon Van by Ayevangabond