Thursday, December 13, 2012

Visiting the Boogie Monster

This morning was a little unsettling. Savannah and Daddy went out this morning (off leash) while I dressed myself and the bed. They hopped back in to help me make the bed; I was laying in the bed fixing the blankets, Savannah was in the passenger seat and Daddy was in between the bed and the chair and all of a sudden I hear J' say, "Whoa...look!" About 15-20 yards from our back window was a loner coyote. We searched for my camera while keeping an eye on him...where the heck is that thing!? I can never find it when I really want to use it! He hung around the back of the van for a good 7-8 minutes, little by little walking further away. The wheels started turning in J's head like they did mine the other day when I didn't have Savannah on a leash...all of the oh my god's and what if's. Phew, we're not even letting her out of the van without being leashed up first and without either of us at her side. My little pot belly pig is a meal waiting to be had out here!


Actual rain clouds rolled in as well this morning. We haven't seen rain or dark clouds like this in months, it's kind of cool to see something different.




[caption id="attachment_2951" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Moisture![/caption]

We figured if it was going to rain, we might as well run into town and get some things to refresh our stock and we also needed to pick up a multi-meter...always good to have one of those on hand. After picking up a few things at Albertsons and K-mart (no Wal-mart in this town) we did a little discovering on the other side of town. We saw more towers, so we thought we would give them a try...you never know until you try!



We found a spot back on more BLM land but it seemed a little "shady" to us. Oh, we're still camping here but it's pretty close to I-10, the ground is pretty soft (may turn into a big mud pit?) and there are a lot more trees and bushes around here. The one thing I like best about being in the desert is I can see what's ahead of us for miles when I'm walking Savannah. Here I feel like the Boogie Monster and his wild animal friends are going to jump out and attack me at any moment, it's a little creepy and the huge black clouds in the sky are not helping.




[caption id="attachment_2953" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Déjà vu of the Mangroves[/caption]

Almost as soon as we got parked and settled, it started pouring down rain. It was nice to smell the rain again, something we both miss terribly. With the rain came the wind and the cold...the not yet freezing but pretty darn cold! The rain stopped long enough for me to do one last potty walk with Savannah...even creepier at dusk!




[caption id="attachment_2954" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Like a scary movie[/caption]

I think tonight we will all just be cuddling together, not cold enough to get the heater down...yes, Savannah is back in the bed. The whole crate thing lasted like 3 or 4 days total because as soon as we got the grand idea, it started getting "too cold" for her to be down there by herself. I woke up one morning about 2 a.m. and could hear her teeth chattering...she's just a baby! haha Cute lil pig! So far, our internet is pretty good here and we don't know yet if it's our antennae signal or the rain as to why we're having problems getting channels, but there's nothing like snuggling in our fort with the boob tube getting heat from all the dutch-ovens! haha Savannah...that lil' dickens!


Cuddle tight homies!


PEACE


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment