Thursday, May 3, 2012

Detours are usually the right way

Last night we (mom & I) decided that we would go to the beach today. Mom hasn't been in over a year and for me, who goes to Florida and doesn't go to the beach? Not this girl! I'm all over it. We started out pretty early but with everything we had to do, plus the drive, we didn't get there until around 10 a.m. We got there, paid our $5 to park (remember in season you pay) and found a great spot right on the sand. We laid out for a few hours. I burned my bum by falling asleep on my belly for who knows how long. It was so windy it was hard to tell if I was burning so when I decided to get out of the sun, it was already too late. We figured it was time to get out of the sun, so we left and started heading home. As we drove we started seeing signs for Cassadaga, without hesitation we followed the signs.


*Side-note: Cassadaga is a small town between Deland & Orange City. It is very well-known for the psychics and mediums that have been there for many many years. Too many people are skeptical and spread rumors & myths of Cassadaga for being a place of Satan worshipers and cults. This is just not so. It is merely a Spiritualist Camp. They do not hex you or cast spells on you as you enter the camp. They are loving & warm and some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.*




[caption id="attachment_1716" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Ahh, the Florida sunshine[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1717" align="aligncenter" width="300"] A fave in my book[/caption]

J' & I used to pop into the camp when we lived here, so I definitely wanted to visit. The Cassadaga Bookstore is my favorite place there because not only do they have some interesting books, they have crystals (which I collect), jewelry, things that are unique to the camp and a meditation garden. It's a very peaceful place and I recommend anyone passing thru to take a short detour to embrace what it truly is. I was happy to walk out with new stones and some sage. Mom also surprised me when we got home with two stones I've been wanting for quite some time. How exciting!! We chilled for a bit when we got home, took showers, laid down, watched t.v. Mom went to do some things and I walked over to my girlfriends' house. Her & her hubby, Bobby, just bought a house a few doors down from Mom and also just tied the knot (1 month). I walked over and presented them with a "Happy Wedding" Basket. My girlfriend, Mig, used to visit the area I live in now, when she was a little girl, so I put together a basket of cider & jellies and made up a magnet of one of their engagement photos. Oh and also made a wallet to put the magnet in, that she could also use later. They both loved it! Our friend, Dee, was supposed to come over with me (to surprise her) and present her with a Lime tree (but her daughter was hella sick, so she couldn't make it but she'll go in a few days). I found that the Lime tree represents Love & March, so how perfect, right! Mig & I spent about 4-5 hours together and just gabbed away. I was able to watch her wedding video and that was a hoot! It was so good to see her and catch up. I love my Miggy!




[caption id="attachment_1719" align="aligncenter" width="224"] A lil' discombobulated from the trip[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1720" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Kit & Mig 4-eva[/caption]

PEACE



No comments:

Post a Comment