Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Today Our Bellies Got Something New

I woke up this morning with a feeling that we were going to get visitors today...I was totally right! I guess Bob & Miss Cherry went on a walk in the a.m. but didn't see any signs of us so Bob came back later in the day with a "new" friend to extend a dinner invitation. We haven't seen anyone in about a week, so of course we excepted and they were off as quick as they came in. Bob had to go get some people in town to bring them into their camp, so he was in a time crunch. We planned on being over at their camp around 4 or so in the afternoon, so we had a couple of hours to finish up some work and get over there. I closed up my computer around 3:00 to get ready; pack a bag, pack the chairs, do something with my fro, ya know be presentable. We knew there would be more than just the four of us this time around for dinner due to the people he was picking up in town coming in and staying for a few days, the "new" friend, a new gal that has been camping with them and SoulRaven is back from his trip back home. I guess you could say we were gonna have a par-tay!! So I figured I would pack up the chairs and bring our own plates and cutlery. We also figured it would be a good time to give Bob back his ladder, he let us borrow it for the Solar install as well as the basket install. I carried the chairs and Nana' and he carried the backpack and the ladder.




[caption id="attachment_419" align="aligncenter" width="225"] I'm packin'[/caption]

Now these chairs aren't that heavy but when you are trying to carry them on your back, have Nana' Bug pulling you forward and you're trying to get through thick brush because you took the wrong "road" that isn't even a road...that's tough work man! It's a good thing we brought the ladder too because we used it. J' climbed up it to scope out where we were and where we were going, it was pretty funny!




[caption id="attachment_420" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Where are we Captain Stubbing?[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_421" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Whatta guy![/caption]

We finally made it to The Passion Post about 25-30 minutes later. For dinner we were joined by the two men Bob met in town; Aaron and Micheal, they are doing a documentary on people that live in their vehicles, vandwellers and the like and were there doing a story on Bob. We were also joined by SoulRaven, a new lassie Trish and a weekender Jake. All together there were 9 of us, plus all the pups were back together; Zeke, Homer, Tony and Savannah. It was like a nice little family reunion. Before we set up for dinner, I walked over to get something out of our backpack that we had set down where we usually put our stuff, as I was walking back over to where we had moved the chairs (where there was more room for 9 people), I started getting bit up and down my ankles and feet. I was hopping all around and whacking off the little buggers...Red Ants! There were probably 20 of them in my shoe, on my ankles, everywhere, and they were biting me like crazy. After I got them all off, I walked back over to where our bag was to scope out where they came from...Oh.My.God. There were hundreds of them swarming this area, it was nuts. I pointed it out to Miss Cherry due to her van being right next to it, didn't want Mr. Tony or Homer to step in it and get hurt and neither of them, she was just as stunned as I was that there were so many.




[caption id="attachment_422" align="aligncenter" width="300"] You can't see them, but they're there! Lil F*ers[/caption]

She started spraying the pile with bleach water and then Bob had mentioned to put some Borax down...needless to say we moved the tables and all of the food over to where we were now sitting. It was a crazy few minutes trying to figure everything out but we did it and hopefully they don't have that problem anymore. And of course the rest of the night I kept pulling red ants out of my shoe that were still pissed off they couldn't find their way out, so they were still biting me...pleasant! Dinner was delicious like always we had: grilled chicken, baked beans with bacon and apple pieces, the best creamiest homemade potato salad I've ever had, "SunOven" cornbread, cherry tomatoes, pineapple and there were olives there, but I don't do olives.




[caption id="attachment_423" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Chikity Chicken[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_424" align="aligncenter" width="225"] I'm gonna need more potato salad!![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_425" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Love that pineapple[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_426" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 2 of these in my belly...yep![/caption]

 Then Miss Cherry made another chocolate cake, but you would be so proud of me...I did not have even one bite. I could have sworn something was wrong with me, haha but I withheld and just asked J' a million times how it was!




[caption id="attachment_428" align="aligncenter" width="300"] The campin' fam[/caption]

It was nice to be in good company (as always with them) and meet some new travelers. After our bellies were full, laughter & many different topics of conversations were had the sun started its descent...which only means one thing for us, start heading home.




[caption id="attachment_429" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Heading home[/caption]

When Bob came for the invite, he asked if we needed anything from town and the only thing we needed was water so we had to carry 5 gallons of water back with us, so it was definitely time to start heading back to camp. Luckily, Aaron felt the need for some good Karma (one of the topics of conversation we had during the evening) so he was super nice enough to carry the 5 gallon jug back to camp for us, while we carried our chairs, 'the bug' and our back pack.




[caption id="attachment_430" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Karma will definitely come back to him 10 fold![/caption]

Bob & Homer came with us along for their nightly walk as well as Jake and Michael for the company and exercise. We walked them back to our camp and showed them around a bit, for shits and giggles and people in this lifestyle are always a bit curious about other peoples' camps. We are always moved to see how intrigued people are to see how we live and how we are set-up...it's pretty cool. Always a good time with everyone, learning new things and enjoying all the stories. It's nice to have SoulRaven "home" and always good to have a full belly at the end of the night. We finished the night off with a slice of TV and a beautiful sunset...the simple things are usually the best things.




[caption id="attachment_431" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Thank you Creator[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_432" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Hair is down, Belly is full and the Grin is on![/caption]

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment