Saturday, August 11, 2012

When did TV begin to mean so much?

All of my days seem to run together then I figure out that it's been days since I even last logged into my blog...bad blog mommy! Let's see I really haven't been doing much due to this heat. It's been so miserably hot here, it's hard to even move an inch to go to the bathroom yet try to do anything else. Fresno has been hitting around 108 during the day, so it's been about 97-98 here...you might not think that's hot because of where you're from or where you live but it sure it hot to us.




[caption id="attachment_466" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Think she's gonna make it?[/caption]

The only thing keeping us semi cool is this tarp. There's no AC to run into and we have no ice from our last trip into town so everything we have is warm or hot. To make anything during the day for a snack or meal is just plain silly. We weren't thinking of that factor when we were shopping, high temperatures along with cooking over an even hotter grill...silly kids!




[caption id="attachment_467" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Hot steamy food on a hot summers day[/caption]

The only time I even think about budging from under the tarp is to take my lil Nana for a walk. She still has to get in her hunting time, she loves her evening walks.




[caption id="attachment_470" align="aligncenter" width="225"] The Huntress[/caption]

She gets to smell all the good stuff, listen in the woods for stuff rustling around and spread her scent all over the place! I just take lots of pictures! The other day while I was melting into my chair I turned my head to the side and saw this bug frantically carrying another bug back to its "den" (or whatever you call it). It was probably dinner for the Queen, King or just his little family, but it was pretty crazy to watch...glad I was able to focus enough to get a pic! He was pretty far away... I didn't want to get up and scare him, maybe he would drop his bug. I didn't want to be responsible for that dilemma!




[caption id="attachment_468" align="aligncenter" width="300"] A bugs life[/caption]

At the end of the night, we all come inside usually around 7:30 or so...that's when the skeeters come out for yer blood. The sun goes all the way down around 8:15 or 8:30. If J' isn't finished working yet, Savannah and I just cuddle on the chair and catch a little bit of the boob tube before "the shows of the night" come on. I will be so glad when these damn reruns are over, it's all due to the Olympics that we never got to see one single event of. Oh well, at least we get Fox. Some new shows start next week along with the regular running of the shows that we have already been watching. This is usually how our line up goes for the week (all starting at 8:00pm): Monday~ Hell's Kitchen followed by Master Chef. Tuesday~ Hell's Kitchen followed by Master Chef. Wednesday~ So you think you can dance. Thursday~ Something I can't even remember then Glee (J' is just loving that, haha I actually don't really like it either but it's starting to catch on). Then Friday~ It was House followed by Bones... we really don't like Friday nights. I mean you could put something way better on than those two shows on Friday night!! But maybe we're the only one's actually watching TV that night. Believe me we are going to be happy when they actually start showing all of the shows they've been showing previews for for the past month, day in and day out like: The X Factor...oh wait that's the only freakin preview they show! haha They have been showing them since the beginning of July and it doesn't even start until the 25th of September. We have a running joke now when we see something that looks interesting (or more interesting than what we have now) we say, "You're gonna love this show... starts November 2013! It's funny these "good" shows are going to start and we are probably going to be heading out of here. Isn't that how it works!? Oh well, maybe we'll get better channels where we go next. I think we will at least get some football for the hubs, he hasn't been able to watch football in two years so I'm sure he'll be happy with whatever he gets. It's funny because we are truly happy with whatever we get because we haven't had TV in two years, so it's nice to be able to just chill, relax and watch the tube when it gets dark and it's close to beddy bi time. I'm very sure there are many more things in this world to complain about, I won't let TV be one of them!




[caption id="attachment_469" align="aligncenter" width="300"] At peace in Daddy's arms[/caption]

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment