Monday, October 15, 2012

Desert Fauna is Dope

"How does your hair feel today?"


"Amazing!"


I'll probably cut some pieces off that are too long and reshape it a bit, but I love it! I love the color. Simple yet Sassy! heehee 


When we went to the store last night, we saw they had Pumpkin Spice creamer. I personally have never tried anything pumpkin in any coffee's or anything, although I LOVE pumpkin pie. I was quite stoked and it turns out...it's delicious.




[caption id="attachment_1532" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Some Spice for my Sugar[/caption]

We had also planned on our homemade Cobb salads, so we were stocked with so many yummy ingredients: Lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, boiled eggs (but we 'forgot' the eggs when we made them), some shredded cheese and J' made homemade breaded chicken...it was delish! It was something refreshing that reminds us of different times...funny how food can do that!




[caption id="attachment_1534" align="aligncenter" width="225"] In the making[/caption]

 It was stupendous! The way J' did the chicken was out of sight...really good!




[caption id="attachment_1535" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Ah![/caption]

After gorging ourselves on salad, we sat and sat and sat. We did stuff but we sat. I had to get up and walk around. Savannah and I headed off down the main road, my foot is starting to feel better and not cramping so much. I thought what a great night for a walk. I started off with Savannah but eventually J' joined us.



As we walked we were talking about all of the things we had seen today and they were much too fast to get pictures...except for one little guy. J' & I both saw a Jack Rabbit today, but while we were alone. Savannah scared, the one I saw, out of her hole and man, was she fast! I didn't know what was going on, looked almost like a small deer! It was super cool!


This is NOT my picture but this is what a Jack Rabbit looks like:



J' also told me on the same walk he was on this morning, that he had seen his first desert lizard, he described it...sounded awesome! He then found a picture of it and showed it to me...okay, I'm jealous! This is what he saw, A Horned Desert Lizard...get a look at this fella!!


(Also NOT my picture)




[caption id="attachment_1538" align="aligncenter" width="212"] Horny lil' fella![/caption]

 We started talking about how cool it would be to see a Desert Tortoise and that's when J' pointed this lil' guy out to me:


(Totally MY picture)




[caption id="attachment_1540" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Tara-ntula[/caption]

When J' went to put his foot next to him, he spit little hairs into his shoe...that's how they protect themselves & warn predators. These Brown Tarantula's can only kill things smaller than them for food. I think it's always good to see things like this where you are camping...but hopefully on walks (where you're not camping). If you don't see it yourself you never fully understand what's out there.



We turned back around a little before we both wanted to, but my leg started to cramp up. Every day there's something new out here to look at, watch or learn about. I hope you're getting a special learning experience as well!



PEACE


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment