Sunday, October 7, 2012

Free Water with Free Delivery! What a Ganga!

Today has kind of been one of those A.D.D. days. We started the day out with coffee as we do every morning along with a walk for Savannah, a little morning TV, chatting in the van, followed up by working for J' and catching up on posts for me. A little into the afternoon I got out to stretch my legs and mess with Savannah! hee hee What does she have to do anyway? The other day, J' was trying to see if she would do a new trick: putting a snack on her nose and seeing if she would stay and then catch it off of her nose. haha Yeah. It didn't really go down like that...that day. Today, I would spend a little bit of time with her and see if she could pick it up. She is a really quick learner and she's super smart so I thought I'd give it a go. Surprisingly, it didn't take her all that long to get the hang of it. I would hold her snout lightly put the "beefy" on her snout, then tell her to Staaaayyyyy... slowly take away my hand and she freaking stayed until I gave her the go-ahead. She's so cute and smart. The only thing I haven't been able to teach her yet is to Hi-five...she hates her feet being touched so I think that might stay a no-go!




[caption id="attachment_1323" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Cross-eyed girl[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1324" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Is she falling asleep?[/caption]

 After doing such a good job being our lil' Circus dog, I let her chew on a bone that daddy found in the desert (that I washed off)...probably a hip bone to an animal a loooooonnnnngggg time ago.




[caption id="attachment_1325" align="aligncenter" width="300"] What an animal![/caption]

 As we were watching Savannah gnaw on her new-found love and talking about her new trick, we heard our first 4-wheeler (at this spot). We peeked our heads out of the van and saw a guy on his 4-wheeler about to whiz by the van. He drove past us at full speed, waving as he passed, then we heard it coming closer again. I poked my head out again and there he was coming straight for us...oh goodness...what does he want? (You just never know what you're going to get when you live this lifestyle: people wanting something from you, telling you to move on, etc.) He came close to the van, but not disrespectfully close and yelled out, "Do you guys want some water?" I told him that we had fresh water and he said that he just had this bottle that was fresh and freezing cold and it kept falling out of his bag he had around him and didn't want to just chuck it, so I said, "Sure, why not. Thank you so much."




[caption id="attachment_1326" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Quite refreshing[/caption]

He was pretty cool and yes, before I took a sip I made sure that the seal was unbroken (my Russian friend would be so proud, haha). It was quite the refresher to have freezing cold water...it's been a while and today was a scorcher! I also told J' if something happened to me to take the bottle to the E.R. to run tests! haha Gotta cover your bases. When the afternoon started turning into evening and the sun was not so hot I took Savannah for a "potty walk".... and pictures of course. I just love how the sun hits the mountains in a different way every hour here.




[caption id="attachment_1327" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Day in the Desert[/caption]


Really just another day, but another great day and I learned two things: 1- Not everyone approaching the vehicle is coming to report bad news and 2- You can teach an "old" dog new tricks! We're just going to hang out the rest of the night, probably watch some TV since we now have four channels instead of one ...exciting! It actually is very exciting to us...haha




[caption id="attachment_1329" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Good-night[/caption]

Hope you have a great night!


PEACE


No comments:

Post a Comment