Saturday, October 13, 2012

Letting my hair down

After I wrote the last bit of my post last night, I really really really started contemplating choppin' the 'fro. I talked to J' about it and he always knows the right thing to say..."Whatever will make you happy." So we set a 'fro choppin' date for this morning. It's so funny because it was like the night before Christmas or something...I couldn't sleep. I don't know if it was the excitement of doing something totally 'crazy' and 'new' (although I met J' with super "boy" short hair)



or the fact that I didn't know how it was going to turn out since we would be cutting it ourselves, together! haha J' has cut my hair before but it was just the teeniest, tiniest amount from my long hair...he did a great job then, so I really wasn't scared. This morning I woke up ready to do this! I don't think I could go one more day of feeling filthy dirty when I know I am freshly showered at least every other day or so. Let's get it on!




[caption id="attachment_1463" align="aligncenter" width="300"] NOT a happy camper[/caption]

We ran through our morning routine, no rush... just excitement! I sectioned off my hair myself but J' thought it was a little extreme so he fixed it for me.




[caption id="attachment_1464" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Reverse Alfalfa[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1465" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Pretty even for not being able to see the top of my head![/caption]

J' sectioned it back off for me...



 During the cut we had a nice man, Wayne, pull into our spot. We sat and talked to him for about a half hour or so about B.L.M. land and Rangers and the like. He was a real nice guy and very informational about Pahrump and the surrounding area. It probably looked funny to him with J' cutting me barber style in the middle of the desert, but we gotta do what we gotta do! haha After he left, we got back to work...we still had a long way to go.




[caption id="attachment_1467" align="aligncenter" width="300"] We're getting there![/caption]

When we first set out to cut all my hair off, I had a specific vision in my head with pictures for him to follow standing by on the computer. I didn't really know if this vision was actually going to work, due to my crazy curls, so we just went with it. I really liked the first way we had it, but there was still way too much hair on the top and as it started drying, the fro' started to show its face...this is not going to work. Darn.



It took a little bit of time to get it to a point that I liked and could deal with it on a day to day. When J' was done cutting the bulk of it and shaping it a bit, I took over and texturized and shaped it to what I wanted. Then about an hour later I took my razor back out and took another two inches or so off of it. Having curly hair is a whole different animal when you're cutting it, especially with a razor! I'm just glad I am trained to do this or I probably would have a big mess on my hands!! J' did a great job and listens really well. Thank you schweetie pie!



We went to the store after the cut to do some grocery shopping and I got a box of color to spice up the cut a bit. I am a bit stoked about this! hee hee I had to promise my mommy that I wouldn't go crazy with the colors (like I used to with pinks, purples and blues). Even though colors are fun, I've already been every color in the book... I just need a little spice, that's all!




[caption id="attachment_1475" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 2003[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1474" align="aligncenter" width="215"] 2003[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1476" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 2003[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1472" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 2005[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1473" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 2005[/caption]

It's already too late in the day to color it tonight so I will be back to give you a colorful update tomorrow. I feel like I'm 18 again...and look like it too. Hey, I can believe what I want okay!




[caption id="attachment_1479" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 1998[/caption]

See you tomorrow with a totally fresh new look!


PEACE


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment