Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rain, Rain Come our way!!

I'm just going to skip yesterday all together due to not being able to walk, really at all. I cannot put my heel down in the slightest, it feels as if I might have a little bit of nerve damage but maybe my foot is still just in shock. It doesn't even look that bad, but it hurts like hell!




[caption id="attachment_1365" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Bruised and major swelling[/caption]

I did however get in a chilly shower and with the wind being sooo crazy, I got a natural blow-out for free!




[caption id="attachment_1364" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Scary, huh[/caption]

I've even been thinking, for about three weeks now, about really cutting my hair. It's a constant thought so maybe I'll just take the plunge soon...we'll see. Anyway, it's a pretty nippy day today. It started out a little breezy and as the day goes on I'm finding myself putting on more clothing. Even though it's only about 64 degrees right now, being in the middle of the barren desert, it feels a bit colder than that.




[caption id="attachment_1366" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Snuggled up but can still "window hunt"[/caption]

From the news and weather we've been catching on the tube, they have been saying it's supposed to storm this week and by the looks of it...they were right! The clouds are definitely moving in, along with the cooler weather. I'm just glad we got our showers in yesterday!



I think if the rain does come it will be fun to see and with all of our stuff contained it will be fun to sit in it. We had that one "big rain" at Tai Shan but I think the rains out here are going to make that look like a sprinkle...but what do I know, I've never camped in the desert. Either way it should be fun and interesting!




[caption id="attachment_1368" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Looks like rain[/caption]

I really like it out here. I think it's a photographers' dream for landscape work. Now we all know that I'm no professional photographer but I do love to take pictures and it's amazing to see how the scenery changes, literally from minute to minute. The sun hits the mountains, the land, the clouds, everything is different moment to moment...it's amazing!





The rain actually never hit us today. It just danced around us in the mountains all day. I was happy to get some good pics and we still have two more days (per weather forecaster) of rain, so maybe we'll get lucky with a downpour tomorrow!?


'Til then, we'll catch ya on the flip side, yo!


PEACE


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment