Monday, November 23, 2015

Quartzsite: Historical Hi Jolly Tomb

I had so much fun finding and walking through Celia's Rainbow Garden that I sought out more "hidden" gems in and around Quartzsite.
I had always wanted to see Hi Jolly's Tomb so that was my next stop.

There is a lot of history related with Quartzsite and Hi Jolly, his real name was Hadji Ali but people couldn't pronounce it so Hi Jolly became what he was known as. In 1856 he became one of the first camel drivers ever hired by the US Army to lead the camel driver experiment in the Southwest. 



We've seen wild burros where we camp but seeing a camel would be so totally cool! I'm still on the lookout! 



The Tomb is really neat, I love the way the builders put the different stones in place, I'm pretty sure the blue stone is Sodalite, a stone of truth. 

I was there!


The cemetery is HUGE, so I didn't walk around it as much as I would have liked to but at this point in the day, it was time for me to start making my way back home. I had walked in my motorcycle boots for hours at this point and my feet were ready to call it a day!



But on my way out of the park I saw something I hadn't seen on my way in...and they were just too awesome to not stop and 'shoot'!




I am not sure why the planes are here, I researched and read and tried to find some kind of an answer but didn't really find anything. I also noticed when I was walking around Celia's Garden, almost everyone in there was a veteran and they also have a RC Flyers club in the park. Any way ya slice it, they're cool!
I am loving my lil scooter even if it's not very pretty right now (my muffler fell off). I am getting to do so much more than the past few years have allowed and it's just so much fun. I'm sure more historical hunts will be in my near future...until then
PEACE


Don't forget!!!
 Go to our YouTube channel
 to find out more about how to live a better life.
Like and Subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment