Friday, March 29, 2013

Not so sure how this is gonna go down...

Lo and behold, we have been in Victorville for two days now...well a night, a full day then today...so we'll call it two full days! Now that me and myself have had our conversation...back on topic


When we drove into Victorville, I have to be honest, my heart wasn't in it. Some parts of me really wanted to be back out on public land but some parts of me were yearning to turn around and go back to the beach. The parts of me that wanted public land were yelling in my ear: You can spread out, get some guitar practice in, do your meditations, Savannah can be outside again, it will be great. There were other parts of me whispering...but hey, I'm the beach! haha To go along with my indecisiveness when we woke up yesterday morning it was 52 degrees outside...good thing we prepared and got our comforter back down! I was not a very happy camper yesterday. In my mind I was thinking, we left the beach for this?? J' was kind enough to get my chair down for me but due to the chill, little bits of rain and massive winds yesterday, my chair would sit outside empty for another day...boooo. I think Savannah was even a little depressed yesterday. Upon waking this morning, things "cooled" off in my mind and I figured I would embrace Victorville in all of its glory! ha Savannah and I went on a nice long walk, I handled some business I needed to tend to, charged my battery (did I tell you I got a new computer battery, hallelujah!), made Nana a place to hang out with me, got out my guitar, and placed my happy butt outside in my chair. I practiced some on Claramae, it's been a while, so practice was short due to my sore little fingers but getting 'her' out again is huge! After messing around on ole Claramae, I revisited my mediation course. It was so hard getting any meditation time at the beach because we were always driving or simply enjoying our day out and about, it definitely was pushed to the back burner, but I was living life so I don't feel so bad!


We found a spot right before sunset the night before last. It seemed to be a pretty good spot with a really cool Joshua Tree right in the middle. We made it our camp and haven't moved...that was the whole point right!? haha




[caption id="attachment_4400" align="aligncenter" width="350"]Camp Camp[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_4401" align="alignleft" width="150"]Find Joon Find Joon[/caption]

Victorville Distance 500


We are the only ones here. There are houses a few miles from us but other than that it's just us and the desert


...the wide open desert.


I have been able to sit outside, but there is a time limit!


The mornings are a bit chilly here and the early afternoons, about 3:00 p.m., the wind picks up and can really be a pain having my computer outside. Even just trying to play the guitar, leaving all electronics inside is a mess...I have sand flying in my face and eyes and in my guitar, my hair feels incredibly dirty and I just washed it yesterday. But I am delighted that I get the time I do and I use that time wisely!


Savannah has been hanging out with me. I put her blanket in the shady areas of the branches of the Joshua Tree. Some branches have fallen off of it but it makes for a nice place for us to hang out.




[caption id="attachment_4407" align="aligncenter" width="350"]Outside again Outside again[/caption]

It sure is nice to be outside again. How I love the fresh air, the sunshine dancing on my skin and feeling a little more at peace with not having to move every 5 minutes.


Oh, but the wind....the ever-blowing, massive wind, it's enough to drive ya mad!


I guess we'll have to play it day by day here.


PEACE


2 comments:

  1. Y'all need to come back to the Southeast and hangout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could come back out West!!!! Miss you buddy!

    ReplyDelete