Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The 9-5...Our Way

Woke up again this morning at 6 a.m. Happened yesterday, too. Yesterday I read a chapter in a new book I'm reading and fell back asleep. Today, I figured I'd do the same and I did, however I did not fall back to sleep. Instead, I got up quietly, sat in the passenger seat and did my meditation session. I'm on day 3 of the 21-day course...still doing it. By 8 a.m. I took Savannah on a walk across the lot, hoping to walk around Petsmart, but for some reason their doors weren't open...I swore the sign said they opened at 8 and it was 8:20...? I love walking 'Nana through that store, she gets all the good smells and new sights...fun for us both. As I walked back to the van, I ran into Say and started gabbing and with the gabfest we ended up in her rig chattin' and snacking on some Muesli. J' had gone inside Wal-mart so when he came back we all decided to get ready to go into town for a little work and of course, some play.


It's 11:20 a.m.


We drove into Downtown Palm Springs to a little cafe' shop called Koffi. It's truly the neatest place...I don't know why more places aren't like this! Koffi is a cafe' like Starbucks, but outside among the other little shops around it, is the most beautiful courtyard. There are chairs & tables set-up throughout the entire place, there is lush green grass in the middle layered through flowers, plants, shady trees, palm trees, sculptures, fountains and walkways. It reminds me of my mom's backyard, I could spend a good part of the day here.




[caption id="attachment_4185" align="aligncenter" width="350"]Zen Garden? Zen Garden?[/caption]

J' and Say went inside to work, so Savannah and I are just chillin' outside. This Palm Springs seems like a pretty easy going place. Yesterday and even today there are so many people out enjoying the day and their lives, it seems like a weekend...or everyone is on vacation...it's fantastic! Savannah is actually doing very well with how much is going on around here, there are people, other dogs...that are playing (god forbid!), loud noises, food. I'm pretty impressed with how she is handling all of it.




[caption id="attachment_4186" align="aligncenter" width="350"]Red Fox Red Fox[/caption]

She's only barked at (and scared the crap out of) one lady...and even though she was probably just being nice, didn't seem to mind...said she (Savannah) was just doing her thing. Yep! I still get totally embarrassed though. Now, if only this chick would stop rolling these super loud trash cans by us...the whole scene would be Mellow Yellow baby and the Nana Bug could chill. I definitely think these people are doing exactly the right thing with their business...even though I haven't tried their pastries or cafe'...the vibe and environment is juuuuusssst right.




[caption id="attachment_4187" align="aligncenter" width="350"]Awww, yeah Awww, yeah[/caption]

The day tried to consume us with work at Koffi but we weren't going to let that happen...we broke free of the work world and entered into the land of fun for the rest of the day. We first stopped at The Sandwich Spot, which has to be my most favorite sandwich I've ever had...no joke! I had this sandwich called The Volley & Serve: Hot turkey on Dutch Crunch bread (amazing), lettuce, tomato, Avocado, Cream Cheese, their secret sauce and this bomb sauce that's like a spicy ranch...I'm salivating just writing this, that's how Bomb! this sammie was...WOW!! Yeah, great sammie! After devouring our lunch we took a drive through town, Sayward pointing out some of her favorite spots to walk the dog and hike and places in general that she likes to hang out at. It was a great day and great to be able to spend some good time together.


310 BLOG sz


With the weather being pretty nice...there's talk of a spa day tomorrow!


PEACE


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment