Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19.5 Edition

On a lighter note, there is a rock that I think either wants to see me face-plant or is out to get me. I tripped over it a couple of days ago and it gave me a little nik on the inside of my foot. A few days before that, I seriously thought the rock was thrown in my direction...it came out of nowhere and although it did scrape my toes, no real damage. Now last night, I tripped over it (see the running theme here?) and this one about took me out!! I looked at my foot and my poor little piggies were bleeding. I had to clean myself up and actually wrap it in a band-aid because it wouldn't stop bleeding ...and it hurt really bad and we all know that band-aids make boo-boos feel better. I said to J', "We have to move that stupid rock!" He said, we couldn't because the "kitchen" table is on it and I just have to watch where I'm going. I laughed at him and said, "Do you know who you are married to?" I could hurt myself on a blade of grass! J' finally said (yes, only after three times & I had to be told), why don't you put something around it so when you walk into again it won't hurt. Now someone is thinking with their noggin...sadly it wasn't me!




[caption id="attachment_192" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Ouchies[/caption]

haha So I found a towel that was already dirty (imagine that) and wrapped the rock with it. It's helped a bunch too, I must walk into that thing 2 times a day. J' is funny too, he says, "Why don't I walk into it if it's in the way." Ahh, no comment. Okay so after tripping, hurting myself and cleaning my wounds, taking Roxy back to Mother Earth and I'm sure some other things that I can't remember now, because it's been too long.....we were invited over for a gourmet meal by Bob ("Hank") & Miss Cherry. I'll give you a hint, they're long, round and scream when you cook 'em....NO, Not my sweet little weiner dog...but you're close. Hot diggity-dog night at The Passion Post! (that's what I named their campsite) It's so weird because I have been craving Hot Dogs for like three days (don't ask why, it just happens) and so had Bob. They walked over (they moved closer to us) and invited us over for Beanies & Weenies, haha. We worked until about 5:15 p.m. and started walking that way, to be there at 5:30. Savannah was driving us both crazy, we took her off the leash so she could run but it just turns into, Find Savannah, Where's Savannah, SAVANNAH...it's never a nice relaxing walk with her...even on a leash! We ended up putting her back on her leash and when she finally came out of all of the bushes, her harness was gone. She still had her camping necklace on (her collar with bells) but her brand new harness was gone. I wouldn't be so irritated if it wasn't brand new (worn under 20 times), wasn't expensive (I bought a real nice leather one, that looked pretty sturdy) and it was a different color than brown, gold, and yellow (the color of everything out here).




[caption id="attachment_194" align="aligncenter" width="300"] ...and we're walking...[/caption]

Oh well, at least she had her backup harness and she's lost weight (the reason for buying a new one to begin with) so she can wear it again. We got to The Passion Post a little after 5:30, it's kind of hard to find your way, especially tracking down Nana (and for me, I could lost in a circle).




[caption id="attachment_195" align="aligncenter" width="300"] The Passion Post[/caption]

Let's talk dinner, shall we!? Oh my goodness, these hot dogs were massive, I mean some men would be jealous! haha




[caption id="attachment_197" align="aligncenter" width="225"] 'Bob'bin' for Weenies[/caption]

The dogs were all beef and not pumped full of all that crap...or so they say and when they were cooked, they got even bigger and juicier...yes, we're still talking about Hot Dogs!




[caption id="attachment_199" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Hot diggity dogs[/caption]

Alongside the hot dogs they had baked beans, cottage cheese, tortilla chips & Kettle chips (my fave) and then all of the fixin's for sure; ketch-up, mayo, miracle whip (for Bob & I), BBQ sauce, pickles & mustard. I knew I was hungry, but my goodness...to Bob and Cherry I must have looked like a homeless child that hasn't eaten in weeks! haha I'm sure it wasn't that bad...I tried to do my hair before going over there!




[caption id="attachment_198" align="aligncenter" width="300"] All the fixin's[/caption]

I had 2 of those ginormous franks (with bread, ketch-up & Miracle Whip), both choices of chips, cottage cheese and baked beans. Then you know what Miss Cherry did? She made cookies...Yes, she did!! I told you...that's why I call her Miss Cherry, she makes everything a little better! She made those chocolate and peanut butter no-bake cookies.



At this point I had eaten so much food, I thought I was definitely going to be sick later...haha but then she brought out those cookies. My momma used to make them, for Brooks & I, when we were kids (& grown-ups but whose checking). They have always been one of my favorites, but now I wasn't so sure about them with this whole peanut butter fiasco that happens in my belly. I thought maybe since the peanut butter is "cooked", not really, just heated by the chocolate...hey I can try to think ways around my silly belly! I ate one...then two more. I have no self-control I tell ya! You would think after all the food, I'd be full....Yeah, think again. We ended up leaving shortly after "Cookie Paradise" because the sun was starting its decent. And then I had another cookie....then Miss Cherry put a few more in a bag....Nooooooooooo!!!!




[caption id="attachment_204" align="aligncenter" width="300"] nom nom nom[/caption]

What did I just say? NO. SELF. CONTROL. I told you, a homeless child that hasn't eaten in weeks!! I wasn't kidding. Luckily and soooooo fortunately, I didn't get sick that night. I was probably in a food coma, although I did find myself hungry about an hour later...yep this metabolism is something else! Hopefully, I'll be well enough through the night and into the morning, because we go to Fresno to pick up our Solar tomorrow AND grocery shop! It's going to be a very exciting day!
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment