Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ahhh WRAP!

Hey peeps, I did not write yesterday due to visitors!!! The good kind, Bob & Miss Cherry stopped over for the majority of the day. It was so nice to see them, we haven't seen them since dinner a couple of weeks ago. Bob & J' talked about solar and other guy things, while Miss Cherry and I made jewelry. Miss Cherry is into wrapping stones and other things, so she brought all of her stuff with her to teach me...how nice is that!? At first, I didn't think I was going to get it, due to some twisting issues...no not the dance! And if you don't get that, then you may as well forget it, because that's what holds it all together. She took a Kindergarten approach to me though and finally I was able to grasp it. For my first piece, she gave me a stone from her 'collection' because the edges were rougher than the two pieces I had. I tried to give it back but she wouldn't hear of it! haha She taught me some really cool swirls and how to tuck them in. She kept giving me smaller and smaller tools, to where at the end of it, I think I had every tool she brought.





[caption id="attachment_139" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="I think I need one more pair"][/caption]


After the rougher piece of Jasper she gave me, I think I had the hang of it, so I started in on my Rose Quartz. Miss Cherry was laughing at me, but in the most loving way...this stone was a slippery little sucker, it didn't want to stay in my twisty thing I had just learned! With a lot of determination and a little bit of patience, I finally had it wrapped. I was so proud of myself and it looks so pretty too. The last piece I had was a Picture Jasper and it had a couple of holes in the sides, so I did some decorative swirlies at the top and now have three new pieces of jewelry to wear...and I'm super stoked!! I've been wanting to put a piece of Rose Quartz into a pendant for some time, just didn't want to pay an arm and a leg to do it. THANK YOU MISS CHERRY, mwah love ya doll!!






[caption id="attachment_143" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="My Bootiful treasures"][/caption]



After they left, I just vegged. I woke up with a sour stomach due to (what I'm guessing) last nights dessert. I don't think it was the dinner, but maybe it was both...?? We splurged on some Mountain House Chili Mac with Beef and since we are running low on food, decided to go with a Mountain House dessert (we usually eat the mac with bread). We have been eating Mountain House on and off for a few years now (like 3-4) and other than the salt, I've never had a problem with it. The desserts we bought were for something nice to have while camping or end of the world scenario stuff, you never know when there will no longer be ice cream, right!? Anyway, I made the Chili Mac with Beef and we ate it, it was a little watered down but that was my fault...it was still fine.





[caption id="attachment_140" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Where's the Beef?"][/caption]


After dinner I made the dessert, Chocolate Strawberry Crunch. It came in three different pouches; a chocolate powder, strawberries and toffee. You need COLD water for this.





[caption id="attachment_141" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="3 pouches of surprise, surprise, surprise"][/caption]


I followed the directions and actually had to go a little longer on the time because it wasn't molding into a pudding-like substance. I waited an extra 5 minutes on-top of the 5 we already waited. I didn't think it was going to get any better, so I poured the strawberries and toffee on-top, stirred it up and we were ready to gobble it up!




[caption id="attachment_142" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Looks good..."][/caption]

J' always gets his first, (because that's just how I serve) his was half way gone before I asked how it was. Me: Sooo, how is it? Jay: It's both chocolaty goodness and weird at the same time. I laughed pretty hard at this, usually he doesn't say anything as long as it's chocolate. I tried it....yep definitely weird. I actually ate this the same way I used to eat raisins out of Raisin Bran; suck all the sugar off, then just kind of roll it around in your mouth until it was soft enough to swallow. I ate it, but I didn't really enjoy it. That leads us back to waking up today,with my stomach doing cartwheels, J' was fine...but he's always fine, stomach of steel! I vegged for as long as possible without interrupting his work, until finally it was just a little too chilly and the chairs weren't doing the trick of laying down. I went from sleeping on a mat we have outside on a rock (that we do our exercises on), ending up in the shade to putting our two chairs together in the sun. This would have semi worked if Savannah would have just shared with me a little more than she wanted to. I know she's a dog, but she was cold too and this was the only area of sun for us both to lay in...yes, I'm a sucker for her.




[caption id="attachment_144" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Daddy picked us a flower!"][/caption]

Finally around 7pm we put the bed down and just turned the TV on early. I was quite thankful for this, I was falling asleep everywhere I was laying but only for a minute or two until my head came violently swinging the other way to wake me up in a panicked state. It's the little things you gotta work the kinks out of, I guess. I hope you had a groovy day...see ya'll tomorrow.





PEACE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment