Monday, November 26, 2012

Nope, it's not a mirage...We're really leaving Laughlin!

It is true...we are back on the road! Woo-frickin-hoo! Did you ever think it would happen? For a minute there, I didn't... so thanks for putting out your good juju for us to get ♫ 'On the Road Again' ♫ Isn't it funny (in this lifestyle) when you're in a spot for more time than you were anticipating it's like...tick tick tick, c'mon man, the impatience is enough to drive you (almost) insane!? Okay, well for us it gets like that...some places are easier than others, mainly BLM or places where there aren't a lot of people. I think lives are so very different...this is how we live but there are some people who are born, raised and stay in the same little bubble their entire lives and never wish or want to see new things or expand their horizons. They are very happy in that...Good for them! Sorry but not this girl and her tribe, I've got the gypsy blood running so deep through my veins that for years I thought something was "wrong" with me. That is, until I met my babe...he's got the same "issue".... we must move around, it just suits us. We may not have much, (depending on who you are and your outlook on life) but we have each other, our sense of wonder and our love of travel and experiencing new things. Even if we're not rollin' like a baller...we're rollin' and when we get that urge to move...we move. It's simple. We're just doing what we have always wanted to do and what the Universe has always told us to do. We'll catch up with the rest when we're supposed to, but for now we are cruisin'.


Now, onto the rest of our day. We started the day with a feast...




[caption id="attachment_2697" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Pizza...I love you![/caption]

I'm sorry, but I don't think you can ever go wrong with a $5 dollar pizza from Little Caesar's....they are filling and so scrumptious...and this girl loves pizza! My belly almost fainted...it hadn't been that full in a minute! We ate the pizza in the Wal-mart parking lot as we made our "run-in-grab-it-and go" list. After shopping, we refreshed our water and ice and happily rolled down the road. Oh and we found gas for $3.27 a gallon...the cheapest in town by .24 cents! We headed down 40, through Needles, took a wrong turn ending up in the front yard of a lady in her nightie taking out the trash...because, nobody else takes out the damn trash! haha Turned ourselves around, hopped on 95, seeing some cool things as we rolled down the road...




[caption id="attachment_2698" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Looks like a small Hoover Dam[/caption]

Finally crossing into Arizona...




[caption id="attachment_2699" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Welcome to Arizona baby[/caption]

2012 is also the Centennial Celebration (did I say that right?) for Arizona...they were founded in 1912. Cool. I know I'm just a plethora of information! I thought it was really funny because we are driving to Lake Havasu City and we come over a ridge and J' says, "Whoa, there's a lake or some sort of body of water...it's pretty big." Hence...LAKE Havasu babe! haha Now, he is never the one to say these types of things...that's MY job. Man, was it funny though.




[caption id="attachment_2700" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Is that a lake? haha[/caption]

 We drove around, scoping the town out and started driving through and almost out of town...when we see Bureau of Land Management Field Office! Score! We zip in to get some info...




[caption id="attachment_2701" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Like an Angel standing on the side of the road[/caption]

We talked to the, well I was gonna call him a Ranger, then J' said clerk...I told him that word would not be used in my post...too bland. Anyway, we are going with, The Public Land Pimp (PLP) who bitch slaps camping fees for a living! So, we talked to the PLP for a good long while about all of the BLM areas in and around town, North, South, East, West and some not even in his jurisdiction...he (David Hancock) really knew his stuff. We walked out with a bunch of really good info and even a BLM map (only $4 and very worth it). Thanks for the 'bitch slap' David!




[caption id="attachment_2703" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Now I really am a plethora of info![/caption]

Inside of the office they even have, what I'm going to call, a Fossiltorium (for lack of a better word). I must say, it creeped me out a bit when I really started to think about what I was looking at...




[caption id="attachment_2704" align="aligncenter" width="300"] What would you call this?
And not a case with bones in it...[/caption]

but then I turned around and saw this little guy, he was just snoozing away, he never opened his eyes...




[caption id="attachment_2702" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Coolest Gila Monster Everrrr[/caption]

I went back for a second viewing and to show J'...he had moved so I know he's alive, but still sleeping away.




[caption id="attachment_2705" align="aligncenter" width="300"] He says, "Let me outta here!"[/caption]

We finished with the PLP and went on our merry way to our new campsite...now we are armed with a BLM map...Watch Out!! As we drove down the road, we saw a bunch, and I mean a bunch, of RV's and campers (almost looked like a smaller RTR)...we kept driving! We drove until we saw a turn off on a dirt road, of course with a couple of U-turns to get back to it, and drove back a little ways to make sure we weren't encroaching on anyone else's spot. Once we saw (or at least figured) we were the only ones here, we parked for the rest of the day. It's super peaceful here, you can't see us from 95 (although you can hear the traffic just a bit), we even get a full (3g) signal...we'll take it, it's great. The one and only downfall...absolutely no TV reception...booooo!




I'm sure Savannah is happy to be in the wild again, but she will be on a tight tether and closely watched, especially after all of the stories the PLP had told us about the coyotes in the area. Just to give you one, he told us of a lady (not too long ago) that had her baby in its stroller in their front yard, she had left it for a moment and she came back out and there was a coyote dragging the kid by its head out of the stroller! Ummm, WTF! 'Scuse the language but are you serious!? Yeah, my little munchkin butt is not getting out of my sight or my reach for one single milli-second. Crazy!


....


About two hours after I wrote that last part...


Savannah has a new thing where she will go on her potty walk with me but she hunts and will not go to the potty. This means I have to take her out in the dark before we move into the fort for the night. This totally freaks me out, I will not venture more than like 10 steps away from the van and she will just stand there staring at me like, "Mom, let's go...I need to hunt, now!" I came back inside and got J' this time, he came out with another flashlight and he will now be the "sprayer" (bear spray) so I can have both hands to handle my little beast. It's a lot of work being in the dark, watching for wild animals, trying to tame her while staying close to the van, holding a flashlight and also be ready with the bear spray in case something comes out of the darkness... too much for this girl to handle. No thanks. He will just have to get used to going on nightly "stands" for potty time, 'cause I don't need that kind of stress right before bed!


With that, I say Good day....I said Good day! (~Fez)


PEACE


 

1 comment: