Friday, June 17, 2011

Hola Esteban

Yesterday, I came to a decision that I was going to learn how to play the guitar. I have been wanting and wanting for years to learn how to play some kind of musical instrument, especially the drums but always the guitar. I've always been the girl that hung out with a lot of musicians and worked at some music venues in Denver but never the girl that was the musician. I remember going out to the Boulder mountains on Full Moon Midnight Hike Night, (that's what we called it, when everybody would meet at the base of the mountain about 10:30 p.m. or so with their instruments and we'd hike up the mountain during the full moon and then sit and play for hours). Anyway, I remember going with them all the time and always wanting to be able to be more than just a voice. Well, yesterday was my day of decision. What better time than now when I don't really have that much going on. J' works during the day so it would be a perfect time to learn with no distractions to me (or him). And my dad who has played the guitar since his teenage years lives right here and would love to teach me some things. So, at that moment I called my dad and asked him if I could borrow a guitar, he said yes and that he would teach me some basics. I went over to his house today around 2 o'clock or so and sat with him for a good hour and learned the chords of D, E, A and E minor.



I then came home and practiced. My fingers hurt pretty bad and I guess they will for a while. I'm getting the chords but I get them confused and can't move to another chord quickly....I know I haven't even had it a full day and I want to be Numero Uno! It's just how I roll. Needless to say, I'm super duper excited wee-hoo and can't wait to actually learn it to where I don't have to think about it. I know it's going to take weeks and months...haha...and I'm so not the patient type! I guess I gotta learn somehow huh! Oh and my dad said that if I learn how to play, then the guitar, Esteban, will become mine! So there's a goal for me. Well, I'm off for the night, we are hitting up Lake Burton tomorrow on a pontoon with a sea-doo....it's gonna be awesome!


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment