Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blackberries, Country Livin' & Sewing Oh My!!!

Woke up this morning and took the dogs for their morning walk with my mom. For weeks now, she has been telling me about these blackberries she found on the trail & wanted to pick them or see if they were ready yet. We took the dogs on their normal stroll, they wandered, smelled, pottied, played & swam. We found the blackberries and picked a few to try, but they aren't ready yet. We were gone about an hour and a half.




[caption id="attachment_1724" align="aligncenter" width="300"] See all of them...even in the back?[/caption]

When we got home we were going to start sewing but figured we would stop over at my sister, Brooks' house. Her hubby, Craig and her, just moved back to the area and we wanted to get some time in with them before they were bombarded with company. They live "in the Country", it's definitely different for my sis but it's a beautiful house with lots of room and a great yard for the pups! With a touch of her style it'll be home in no time, good luck to them! After about an hour, we decided to leave to give Brooks & Craig time with his parents who had also shown up. It was good to see them.




[caption id="attachment_1726" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Sissy's new casa[/caption]

We headed home to sew.


*Sidenote: My mom is an expert sewer and bought me a sewing machine for Christmas. I have been using it almost everyday, for every little thing. I even attempted a dress & it came out somewhat but that's a whole other story! haha*


I had brought my dress and some other things to fix and she also had some items, that she had started for me, to finish. We spent the rest of the night sewing. We made my dress into a shirt, it just didn't look right as a dress, it actually looked like a really pretty sheet draped over me! haha The dress/shirt took a good part of the night but when were done we kept on truckin'. We sewed the seams of a vest she made for me and we made a bra & skirt out of a dress I love but never wear.


Now, I'm rocking my new threads & I'm not out a dime!


RECYCLE PEOPLE!!




[caption id="attachment_1725" align="aligncenter" width="224"] Sew Rad! Mommy made vest.
Dress into shirt[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1727" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Their morning swim[/caption]

Walking Wet Dogs by Kyryjo




PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment