Monday, October 1, 2012

Frittering Away in Fresno

"There is something in October sets the gypsy blood astir, We must rise and follow her; When from every hill of flame, She calls and calls each vagabond by name."


~ William Bliss Carman 


I love that quote, it speaks to me and most likely to you too! What's in store for you this month? Hopefully tons of adventure!! I can't really tell you what's in store for us this month (or ever) mostly due to us not really knowing ourselves but I can tell you that today was "moving day"! We woke up this morning and I made the last of the pancakes while we started packing Joon Van back together. Even though we just packed and organized everything just a day or two ago, we felt the need to rearrange some things to make it easier on us to be in the city.



We were able to get rid of some more trash, just call us trash-mongers! haha And I'm sure that even though we repacked it, we'll probably repack it 10 more times before it's at a point where we can easily access the things we need to...haha and maybe not! We have really enjoyed being here over the Summer, this area has been real good to us and the people, even better. I, however, am not sad today. I feel cleansed and ready to start a brand new book, although I think Savannah will miss being able to run around like a crazy woman, hunting, barking and just being a stinky ole' dog!




[caption id="attachment_1167" align="aligncenter" width="300"] She's gonna miss this[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1168" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Mama & Baby saying good-bye[/caption]

Our first stop on the way down the mountain would be for gas...but just how far can we make it before we need to fill up!? We definitely did not want to pay the silly $4.99 a gallon at Shaver Lake so we went with our gut and drove down to Fresno. On our way down we hit the gasbuddy app on our phone and were told that there was gas at an Arco station for $3.89...we were on our way. However, when we got there it was at $3.95, but we were happy... still a dollar less than Shaver and the cheapest we've seen this Summer! And boy is it ever hot down here, hopefully it's not as bad at night to sleep in!




[caption id="attachment_1169" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Swamp ass anyone!?[/caption]

We had some major and some minor things to do while in Fresno but were just planning on being here for a few days and do everything at a stress free pace. By the time everything was packed up, gassed up and heated up, we were starving. We thought it would be nice to celebrate a Successful Summer and what better way to celebrate then with...drum roll....Chick-a-fil!!!! Hell yeah baby! I was super excited and I'm sure J' was too, he just shows it differently, haha!




[caption id="attachment_1170" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Get in my belllyyyy![/caption]

The Chick-fil-a at River Park in Fresno, CA is a really nice place. I almost felt like I was at a sit down restaurant, they even bring your food to your table! I was amazed and even spoke of it to the girl...I think she thought I had been living under a rock for a while...not under a rock, just among them! I also felt kind of bad because I had to bring my sammie back to the girl. I am not one to complain or ever bring food back BUT there was no way after being in the mountains for four months and not one bite of Chick-fil-a was I going to sit there eating what tasted like a day old chicken sandwich...not happening! The girl was more then "pleasureful" to get us new sammies...it was very much worth it! We discussed the things we had to do while down here and since it was about mid-afternoon at this point we chose to go veg out at Barnes & Noble for the rest of the afternoon. It's awesome there because we can get free internet, download everything we can't on our data plan, Savannah can sit outside with us AND this time around was even more awesome because we were able to talk to my momma on Skype!




[caption id="attachment_1172" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Baby at the Bookstore[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1173" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Hi mom!!![/caption]

I'm sure tomorrow will be the day we get all of the "fun" stuff done but for now, I'm really enjoying the nicer weather (it's cooled off since the sun went down) and hoping we will get a somewhat good nights rest. It was awesome to be able to see my mom and talk to her, I miss her soooooo incredibly much, it totally made my night that she was Skyping me when I turned my 'puter on...such perfect timing!


I hope ya'll have a restful night and if you haven't talked to your mother or father in a while call them, I'm sure it will be nice for both of you!


PEACE


 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Hey I love your blog! I (eventually) want to also dowhat you guys are doing (though more likely in a truck camper or a class C I can't see myself doing the van dweller thing) but probably the reason the lady looked at you like you had been living under a rock is the fairly recent boycotts of that fast food chain because of their donations to anti gay hate groups etc. Figured I would let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know, we see some of the news but I was just happy to have one of their yummy sammies in my belly! haha Three beings living in a van is definitely interesting but we love the accessibility to go pretty much anywhere we want and there have been times we've gone to some places where a bigger vehicle never would have made it. We talk about up=sizing all the time but would rather see more than have a little bit more room... who knows how we will feel tomorrow though! haha Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, I could see us in 10- years in a class A, chillin in a campground with all the room in the world....awwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have one question about the van thing what do you use to do your *cough* business, I know you showed that you had a toilet but how van dwellers deal with that issue has always sort of been my #1 hang up on the idea, and I would love to know from someone who can actually answer my questions instead of a list of well some people do this on a website. (if you don't mind ^^;;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the very in-depth answer, I too have no idea why people wont talk about it, we all do it. And the bathroom issue really was one of my biggest concerns on van vs Rv for my future (I cannot wait to be done with my contracted time for my current job to be up two more years to go) and yeah your not "professionals" but you know a heck of a lot more than I do because you have hands on experience and I am just a girl who reads peoples blogs and goes Wow, that sounds like a BLAST and hey whats the worst that can happen if I do it, I go back to living in a regular house and have to find a normal job, so scary :S

    Seriously though thanks so much for touching on the "dirty" subject.

    ~~Amber

    ReplyDelete