Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Boots, 'bella, & B.L.M. baby

I'll spare you all of the exciting details of our day yesterday, but we did get the van washed, laundry done...8 full loads whoa, which only cost exactly $16.00 and I was able to get me a pair of GAP Jeans...only $65.00 less! I'm a sucker for the thrift stores! Oh and for those of you wondering how it was sleeping in extreme hot temperatures... Oh. My. Gosh...the first night in Fresno was pretty bad but last night I actually thought I was having a slight heart attack. My chest hurt, my insides hurt, my organs felt like they were contracting and cramping. I had never felt pain like that, I could barely breathe. It was really scary that I was actually crying but I got up and put the driver side window down and hung my head out, I didn't care where I was or who was walking by. I was just glad when I could finally calm down enough to lay down again. Crazy what the heat can do to the body!! And guess what we did? We repacked the van! haha I know you're not surprised. Really all we did was take clothes out of our big bags and put them into smaller backpacks to create more room in the cabin of the van...so far it's working out perfectly!




[caption id="attachment_1191" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Less IS more[/caption]

We tied up some more loose ends in Fresno; closed our postal box, stopped in the thrift store again to check out some things for J' (I had thee best laugh of my life this morning as he was trying stuff on for me!) and we stopped by JC Penny to look at their boot selection, due to us having a gift card we've been saving for just the right thing. Guess what happened??? I finally got me a pair of boots, (thanks mom) if you're a little late in reading some of my posts I have been looking for boots (and wanting boots) since we left because I'm such a genius and left mine at 'home' in storage! Hooray for me...and J', so he doesn't have to hear about it anymore! Now I can't wait to wear them!




[caption id="attachment_1192" align="aligncenter" width="300"] BOOTS!!![/caption]

 After shopping, we sat in the mall parking lot and scoped out some places to drive to today due to the extreme heat...don't think we can take one more night! We were told a great place by J & J and thought we would check it out so we started driving.




[caption id="attachment_1194" align="aligncenter" width="300"] On the road again[/caption]

 And we drove and drove. It wasn't a bad drive, it was a nice relaxing drive actually...until we got up into the mountains. My whole life I've done fine with not being car sick or having motion sickness but just within the past year, when we get on these curvy mountain roads, if I'm not 'following' the road, the rest of my day is shot, having nausea and a headache. Weird. I was hoping and praying when we got to our destination that we would not have to come back on this road, it was way worse than the road going into Shaver Lake....but it sure was beautiful!





[caption id="attachment_1201" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Wow.[/caption]


We drove through hills, rocks, trees, and even a small community. We arrived at our destination about two and a half - three hours later. Destination: Lake Isabella


As we were driving over one set of mountain roads down to the sea level we started seeing glimpses of Lake Isabella.



Looks pretty beautiful and it's always fun to see new scenery!





[caption id="attachment_1199" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Are we in Hawaii?![/caption]

We stopped at a turn-off and took in what we could before the sun fully set. A beautiful site, it almost felt like we were in a different country. We drove through a small town called Kernville and kept driving to find a spot to camp for the night. We drove down the main road up into the mountains and there was a creek/river running alongside it...can't wait to see it in the morning. As we drove, we noticed there were campgrounds that were closed and then "public land" (I think it's called) or B.L.M. land spotted in between. We kept driving a little ways down until we finally pulled off to read the posts on these signs. I didn't read anything on fees so we figured this was where we were driving to...B.L.M land!! Woo Hoo!! It's very beautiful out here, yet we will have the morning to discover more and see if we want to stay here or move somewhere else. We are testing the antennae to see if we get anything out here, it's only about 7:30 p.m. so it would be nice just to veg out before bed. Hope you have a great night ya'll!




[caption id="attachment_1200" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Finding our sleep spot[/caption]

PEACE


No comments:

Post a Comment