Friday, May 31, 2013

My horoscope is right on!

Daily Horoscope for Friday May 31, 2013


A creative outlet is just what you need right now, so make sure that you have a way to release that pent-up energy. It could be writing, taking pictures or even acting out your own one-person improv show.


...


Or, in my case, the guitar! Our friend Bryce is back in camp with us for a couple of weeks and he has been going nuts on his new guitar over the past few months. He has been very motivating for me to get on mine and actually spend more than 10 minutes every two weeks practicing! So far, for the past two days he comes over around 2 p.m. and we sit, learn and play together for at least an hour. It is way more fun to play, er... practice with someone rather than doing it by yourself, with yourself....booorrrring! haha One of the things I really like about Bryce is that nothing really phases him, so when I get frustrated he laughs along with me and we just start over...perfect! My fingers are holding up pretty well so far...we'll see how long that lasts until they need a little break. Let's see, so far we are learning: Little Pink Houses by John Cougar Mellencamp, Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison, Wild Thing by The Troggs, and the song I bought my guitar for (and a bugger to learn) Best for Last by Adele...we'll see how that goes. Most of these songs I would not have even thought about taking on but it doesn't seem too complicated with someone else learning beside you. All in all, it's hella fun and I'm actually digging my guitar now! This whole time all I needed was another player to strum with...who would've thunk!


Have you tapped into your creative side today?


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment