Friday, May 3, 2013

Floppin' around Cottonwood

Life in camp has been very serene. The past few days have been pretty chill. Ray and I worked out a routine with his dog, Storm, during the day. He works a few days a week and with the weather turning hotter, he doesn't want Storm staying in his truck all day, so I'm going to watch him for the time he's at work and he'll show us around a bit. Pretty easy stuff.


Lazy bums 500 Storm in camp 500Storm is a chocolate lab, about 100+ lbs., with a lot of energy but very obedient and he likes being around us and Savannah. It's a nice energy to be around and I get to play with him so it's a win win for all of us!


Peachy Thighs 500 Salad Buffet 500During the evenings we've been pulling our food together to make some pretty dern good vittles! One night I grilled up some big ole' chicken thighs, mashed taters and peaches and another night I made a salad buffet to die for! I actually love having our grill and table set-up outside again...feels homey.


On a sad note...my flip flop broke. These flops were my best shoes and we've been through a whole heap together, it was a very sad day. This particular shoe has been stabbed...and stuck to my heel with a stick in Pahrump and then in the middle (where the hole is) by a huge nail in the debris on the side of my birth house in Tucson...I need to write about that...anyway... I guess I'll have to start calling them flop flops! ha I'm holding onto them, I'm going to TRY to fix it...stay tuned!




[caption id="attachment_4580" align="aligncenter" width="350"]I'll miss you. I'll miss you.[/caption]

On a happier note...look at this...


Camp Rainbow 500


and this...




[caption id="attachment_4583" align="aligncenter" width="249"]❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤[/caption]

First, isn't he just so freakin' cute...and hot! eh, hem sorry Second and the reason for the pic, we got a bike! Woo-hoo, hooray! What a special day for us! We drove to Riverfront Park in Cottonwood to take it for a test spin, we walked down to the water which by the locals is known as the Dirty Verde.


Dirty Verde Storm 500 Frisbee park 500When Storm jumped in to get his stick, the red clay swirled up from the bottom so we definitely saw where the name came from. It's very nice and peaceful there. The park is pretty big, there are soccer fields, baseball diamonds, basketball courts, a playground, picnic tables, an ultimate Frisbee course and a dog park. When we came off the trails, J' went riding at full speed in this huge field and when he got far enough away I let Savannah off of her leash, she jetted after him screaming and barking... she was so stoked. It's quite the sight to see how fast she is and how much she loves to run. It's pretty entertaining stuff, everyone around us was watching and laughing...good stuff!


We hung out at the park for a little while, a few different groups of people put on a small free concert every Friday night in this park around 6:00 p.m. We were lucky enough to hear some different music and they even served food. Score!




[caption id="attachment_4584" align="aligncenter" width="350"]Free for all! Free for all![/caption]

Quite a good time we're having here! I think we can honestly say coming to Sedona/Cottonwood was not a mistake! Things get 'better' every day, and the best part...things are great...but you can't beat better! We'll take it.


PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a ton of fun! The pic with the 2 lazy bums is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete