Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ferries are sweet

Last night we stayed at a different Wal-mart and even got a free showing of COPS! J' laid down around 10 pm or so. Before I laid down I had to empty my memory card so I'd be freshened up in the a.m. While doing this, I kept hearing some ruckus behind the van (I just thought we were sharing the same parking lot as a bar or restaurant because it was constant ruckus for the half hour I was downloading). I laid down and looked out the back window and was surprised to see not one cop car but FOUR cop cars with a couple of people sitting on the curb. Our back tint is pretty dark so it's hard to see out at night but from what I saw (in two hours) was; 2 more squad cars & a paddy wagon, one guy arrested and a girl that had to have someone come pick her up. At least it showed us how well we blend in~ no one even knew they were the ones being watched, mwahaha!


After Broadway @ the Beach last night we talked about moving on in the morning so we started driving North along the coast . About 60 miles away we hit a cute sleepy beach town where they actually welcome dogs on the beach. The three of us walked for a bit and saw "hamburgers" (jellyfish) galore washed up on shore.





[caption id="attachment_1564" align="aligncenter" width="225"] 3 of too many on shore[/caption]



Even though the water was nice and warm, I don't think we'll be swimming here today! We drove through a few more beach towns & turned down a road that led us to a toll booth....but not just any ole toll booth, a Ferry toll booth! What cooler way to travel than by boat in your car! haha




[caption id="attachment_1566" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Joon is on a boat![/caption]




We had to wait about a half hour but we were the second car in line so that was a plus. While waiting, we put the bed up, cleaned our space and made some sandwiches~ by the time we were all set, it was time to board. Joon van was right at the front of the boat...we were on a boat! haha


Other than a canoe, that was Bugs' first big boat ride! After a half hour Ferry ride, some good pics and the longest wait ever for the bathroom, the Ferry docked and we just drove right off. Totally rad, man.





[caption id="attachment_1567" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Eat your heart out Leonardo[/caption]



We thought we would just keep driving up the coast, shortly thereafter we started hitting little beach towns again. We went to Carolina Beach first, with it being one of the bigger ones and (what looked like) a lot of excitement...meh.




[caption id="attachment_1568" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Too hot to be open[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1569" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Yeah...she likes it.[/caption]

*FAIR WARNING: Folks, either be ready to pay $1.50 per hour or pay for metered parking~ if you can find it. There is 2 hour free parking (& you better be back within that time because there are tow trucks everywhere waiting to ruin your day) BUT it's very hard to find the free spots & to find an open one. The free parking was not planned out well.*



Anyhoo we found FREE 2 hour parking and skipped on down to the beach. Holy masses of people Batman~ I mean just thinking of it again is giving me an anxiety attack. I don't do well with big social settings in the first place so I was kinda freakin, but I just put my head down and looked for sharks teeth (no luck). I had my head down so hard a little girl, her Tonka truck & I collided! The water here was freezing and with so many of our "distant cousins" around we decided against leaving our stuff on the beach to go play in the waves this time. Our 2 hours of free parking turned into a fulfilling half hour and away we went to try to find a place to watch the fight (Pacquiao/Bradley). We stopped at Home Depot, to catch up on things (they have free public wi-fi) and ended up staying there through the fight. We had dinner in the van (Mountain House) and since I hadn't been feeling very well all day, I was dancing with sheep before the main event even started!


Baa Baa Baazzzzzzzz.........


PEACE




No comments:

Post a Comment