Thursday, June 6, 2013

Off like a Herd of Turtles

We've been boppin' around so much lately that I don't even have time to keep up with myself these days! I'm going to have one heck of a time backtracking sooo I'll do a quick "Wedgie" to catch everyone up so I can write some posts about other things...other than our dailies!


One morning, I was sitting in our camp gazing at our awesome view, looked over and I saw the cactus next to me had a perfect heart "paddle". It indeed made my day and made me realize you can find love anywhere...even in some "dangerous" places...i.e. my cactus!




[caption id="attachment_4886" align="aligncenter" width="350"]Perfect. Perfect.[/caption]

We (my tribe and Camp Mellow, Bryce) left Sedona and headed toward the Flagstaff area. It had just turned too hot all of a sudden, sitting anywhere but in A.C. was exhausting...and that rarely happens. We had heard that Bob and some others were out toward Williams so we headed that direction.


Camp Willy 500 Wind Block 500We ended up on some really nice, quiet public land and only about 3 miles from town. Williams has Historic Route 66 going through it so there's tons of cute shops, restaurants and things to look at!


While we were so close to town, Bryce was a sweetheart and let me borrow his bike so J' & I could ride into town together...but not before J' tried it on his own...and then made a basket for the Nana Bug to come too! Did I mention our dog is spoiled rotten?


Bikin' Bug 500 Milk Crate 500J' took one of our milk crates with some nuts & bolts and bolted down the milk crate onto the bike rack, then Savannah has a carabiner connecting to her harness to keep her inside the crate. The first attempt was a little wobbly because she didn't know what was going on and she wasn't locked in tight enough, but after getting used to the bumpy roads, she rode like a champ! Now we all get to ride into town as a family.....awwwwwwww.




[caption id="attachment_4896" align="aligncenter" width="350"]The beautiful town The beautiful town[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_4893" align="aligncenter" width="224"]Savannah is so chill...think she likes bike rides? Savannah is so chill...think she likes bike rides?[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_4894" align="aligncenter" width="350"]Making History! Making History![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_4895" align="aligncenter" width="350"]Riding home...such a good girl! Riding home...such a good girl![/caption]

We had a ton of fun riding in and around town together. It was nice doing something like that with all of us...one bike doesn't do much for a family of three! Thanks to the B-man for letting me take his cool new bike, it was hella fun...I felt like a kid again!


Weeeeeeeeeeeee......


Bikin' Mama 500


When was your last play date?


PEACE


 

No comments:

Post a Comment