Sunday, November 11, 2012

I'd kick the winds a$$ right now if I could!

[caption id="attachment_2435" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Brrzies & Freezies[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2438" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Nooooooooo[/caption]

We have gotten quite the cold spell coming through here for the last couple of days...with LOTS of wind! I know there are people out there that really like cold, miserable weather...well, I am not one of those people. I was not made for temperatures of 60 degrees or under...yes I am a total wimp when it comes to cold temps or Winter. I am a Florida girl, I grew up on the beach and in swimming pools with flip flops on my feet. I still don't know how I lasted in Denver for 9 1/2 years with no working heat in my vehicle, but that's a whole different life and many many stories ago.


The wind up here has been non-stop since we came back and with wind you have cold and with cold you have to stay in your van all day, until you walk the Nana bug! It's so windy out here that when I walk her, her ears stick straight up in the wind! It's pretty funny. I also feel kind of bad for her because, like her momma, she too is a Florida girl and she just stands there, shivering, looking at me like, "Why momma, why?" But she has to go potty somewhere and it's not gonna be in the van...Has anyone ever toilet trained a dog??




[caption id="attachment_2437" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Cold lil' baby[/caption]

We were pretty surprised the other day when we looked down into the canyon to see that a 40 foot RV had parked right down below the van. Yep, never fails! haha There are hundreds if not thousands of acres of open land where we are and they come and park right there beneath us...so much for the privacy we came back for!!




[caption id="attachment_2434" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Excuuuuuse Me!!![/caption]

We figured they were just here for the weekend or maybe even the Veterans Day stuff in town but then another vehicle pulled up with dirt bikes and four wheelers, so maybe we're wrong...whatever.




[caption id="attachment_2436" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Our new neighbors in the middle of nowhere![/caption]

We had to get the heater out the day after we came back up here and we've had it running off and on for the last three days!! Yes, it's that chilly! Oh and I wanted to update you on our "pricey noodles" we had the other night. I think for the price and what you get it's actually not that bad of a meal, to me it tastes just like a meal from Panda Express! J' grilled up some chicken to put in it and BAM...Panda Express in the van!! haha




[caption id="attachment_2433" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Yummy Yummy Chicken Teriyaki[/caption]

We have just been grilling in the van and with the little set-up we have for J's office, it's pretty easy to put the grill up there and cook/grill anything we want.




[caption id="attachment_2440" align="aligncenter" width="225"] It's gettin' hot in here...[/caption]

Although, the day we got the grill out for the first time, J' didn't know his desk area wasn't fastened and secured like he thought it was...he set the grill on top of the boards (his desk) and everything went flying. There was coffee EVERYWHERE, along with whatever else was on the boards. It took a good 25 minutes to clean it up...another way to make us appreciate tearing the carpet out and replacing it with the mats like we did!




[caption id="attachment_2439" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Ruh-roh[/caption]

With everything going on lately and then this happening, my emotions figured it was a good time to just get it all out so even though everything was fine and nothing was ruined I cried like a little baby...release. It felt good to cry, as well as laugh with J' after the coffee fiasco...sometimes you just need to get it all out, scream at the top of your lungs, and sob like it's nobody's business. Sadly, lately I know this feeling all too well. I think 'the female' and whackadoodle hormones of mine are getting the best of me this week and anything is bound to set off the water works.... believe me...anything! Ahh, to be a woman! haha


I hope you all are having a better week than I am...this whole thing is bound to pass sooner or later. Just part of being I guess! I hope you have a happy night and if not, kick the sh!t out of that pillow!!



 PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment