Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Just another day in the van

The past 2-3 mornings I have been waking up at the crack of dawn. This morning I decided to get out of bed and let J' sleep in a little bit, usually if he's not awake with me it's because he wasn't sleeping during the night. I bundled my nugget (and myself) up and we went for a little walk. Last night we ended up moving up to this plateau right above where we have been camping so I walked her around where the van used to be. It's nice because there are many more potty places for her there and it's nice and flat...no big rocks to climb up and over!




[caption id="attachment_2531" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Our lil perch[/caption]

She has been wanting to go down the big hill to the main road but I never have the right shoes on and knowing me I will slide down that hill! Today I gave in...a little bit and she was so excited!




[caption id="attachment_2532" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Where does she start?[/caption]

That hill is pretty steep and when I started sliding we went back to the top....we would try again another day. The wind was pretty strong already, whipping me around (not helping with the shoes and rocks down the hill) and I could also see Savannah walking a little sideways when a big gust would come through...she's so little!




[caption id="attachment_2533" align="aligncenter" width="225"] The wind in our hairs[/caption]

We got back in the van and snuggled with daddy for a bit before getting up for the day...it's always so nice to snuggle when it's cold outside (about the only thing good about cold weather!). Since she had already been out, all she wanted to do was window hunt, so we ended up getting up sooner than later.




[caption id="attachment_2534" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Would rather be hunting[/caption]

We got up and walked her again together, just up on the perch. She loves it when daddy is up because she doesn't have to be on a leash...she has selective hearing when she's with momma, yep she's a brat!




[caption id="attachment_2535" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Running like the wind![/caption]

We all got back in the van...we are ready for some coffee!! We were getting everything out and ready to brew and J' said, "Holy cow...look!" I turned where he was pointing and boom...my day was automatically made. A herd of Bighorn Sheep were right there on the other side of the mountain feeding. They feed off of the vegetation and were moving from plant to plant, bush to bush, never staying in one spot for more than a minute or two.




[caption id="attachment_2536" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Pretty darn close[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2537" align="aligncenter" width="300"] The Biggest Horns[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2538" align="aligncenter" width="300"] J's camera zooms better[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2539" align="aligncenter" width="300"] They are so rad![/caption]

I had to switch cameras about 6 pictures in because J's camera has a lot better zoom than mine...I was just happy to get some really good pics! Aren't they so cool? They stuck around a good part of the day, going up and down the mountain as well as circling it a couple of times. The last time we saw them it was around 3 p.m. or so, they were feeding and nearing the edge closest to town and all of a sudden you see one of them take off running. At first, I thought they were trotting down the hill and gravity was making them run then we realized they probably picked up a scent of one of their predators....they were all booking it and they are fast!! It was amazing to see them run at the speed they were. I told J' I would like to be on the back of one of them...wouldn't that be fun!? I think so...don't know how they would react to it...haha


It was another nice day...windy, cold, in the van with the heater on...but at least we have the van, we have warm clothes and a heater to keep our toes from turning blue (well mine at least, I'm a wimp)! We practiced the guitar a little bit and I hit a new record of staying in my jammies all day long! I don't think much more is going to happen today so I'm writing this post a little early. I think with the sun going down at (what seems like) 3:oo in the afternoon...really like 4:30...I seem to be wrapping my days up a lot earlier than I usually would. I think the rest of the day I might just goof around on Facebook and play some games!




[caption id="attachment_2543" align="aligncenter" width="225"] I obviously thought something was hilarious!![/caption]

I hope you had a great day and get to do a little goofing around yourself!


PEACE


 

No comments:

Post a Comment