Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy Belated Christmas!

Merry Christmas


...I know I'm a little late, sorry! We were captured by hot running water and a super comfy bed at the Best Western here in Blythe. When we got to the hotel it only took about 5 minutes to check-in and then, it was on!




[caption id="attachment_3003" align="aligncenter" width="300"] So much room![/caption]

I think I was in the bathroom for like 3 hours, only coming out to grab something else to wash/clean. I scrubbed down everything: dishes, cups, silverware, underwear, socks, anything of Savannah's, our coffee maker, my rocks I have been finding in the desert...everything down to our bodies and Savannah's! What a night...I was exhausted by the time we got into bed. I think the mix of excitement, hot water over your muscles and all of the cleaning was a recipe for a good nights sleep. Well, it would have been if it wasn't for the couple next door having an extremely loud conversation until 2:30 a.m. ~Another reason we love being in the van...you rarely have neighbors you can hear. These people sounded like they were having a conversation on our bed that's how loud they were. J' slept through the whole thing and I ended up getting about 3 1/2 hours of sleep but I can deal with it...I'm pretty used to it. We were up around 7 a.m.-ish for a well-rounded hot brekkie! It was pretty amazing. They were serving eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, pastries, bagels, three different kinds of bread, cereal, yogurt, fruit, O.J., coffee, and get this...WAFFLES! I was so excited, I couldn't hold it in, everybody that was working the front desk was laughing at me and J' told the lady that was helping me make my waffle how she just made my day...I love me some waffles!




[caption id="attachment_3005" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Brekkie of Champions![/caption]

I ended up making a second waffle and taking it back to the room...this girls' gotta get her fill!




[caption id="attachment_3006" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Extremely excited![/caption]

It was really nice to have some space to stretch out, get everything washed and clean, get ourselves scrubbed down and just chill out. J' was able to get a ton of work done. I was able to download a gaggle of pictures to Snapfish and videos to DailyMotion and Savannah was able to go potty on grass again...it's been a minute! I swear grass is magical...she knows exactly what grass is for! You know all of that time spent in the desert trying to get her to go potty? Well it took a whole 2 1/2 minutes for her to do her business...both numbers!



We lounged around the hotel room Christmas day, trying to watch something uplifting and Christmas-y but everything on the tele was either violence, killing, fighting or something that was negative. Anything we watched had this negativity surrounding it, so we would just look at each other and (in a funny and sarcastic way) say...Merry Christmas! haha I guess that's just what our world is, these days...sad.




[caption id="attachment_3008" align="alignleft" width="150"] Before[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3009" align="alignright" width="150"] After[/caption]

 Oh, I also finally got my afro cut back so I don't have bubble hair anymore...woohoo! After working and hanging out all day, we thought it would be nice to have a meal out of the room, I mean we can cook chicken any day of the week in the van...why not have a nice meal. The place we wanted to eat was closed, just a little mami & papi Mexican restaurant, so we went to Carl's Jr. instead.




[caption id="attachment_3010" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Merry Christmas![/caption]

It was a good time all in all. We got a lot accomplished...work, play, cleaning,




and Savannah was finally able to catch up on all of her rest! Poor thing! haha


So, now we're back in the van and ready to take on a week or so wherever we go and then onto Quartzsite. We may look and see where Bob and his crew are, he told us they were pretty close to us. J' wants to get a bunch more work done before all of the major festivities start, so we may also just go back to where we were for him to be able to do that. First things first though we must get gas so with that, we will be driving over to the Arizona side to the Flying J to do that.


I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. I hope everyone got to stuff their faces with yummy food, put on their new threads, play with your new toys, got lots of hugs and kisses, were able to spend it how you wanted and just had a groovy time overall. Your happiness is most important!



We love you all!


PEACE




(155) Merry Christmas! by Ayevangabond

4 comments:

  1. So glad you guys enjoyed your day! I would have been wrinkled like a prune after soaking in a hot bath! It sounds like your Christmas was peaceful, as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bed and a bath? And waffles, too??? Totally awesome Christmas!!!

    Thanks for the holiday wishes. Looking forward to seeing you in Q!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should say that, my hands were bright red from the heat (when I was washing everything in the sink). After I got out of the shower my hands looked like white little raisins! haha It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was awesome! My belly is wondering what all that brekkie was all about! haha See you very very soon!!

    ReplyDelete