Wednesday, December 5, 2012


Over the past few days I've just been doing lots of odds and ends. J' got my chair down for me so I've been sitting outside...ahhhh, I love sitting outside! I feel so much more refreshed and connected when sitting outside. I can sit in the sun, be closer to Nana and I just love being outside!

I've gotten some things done that aren't even that big, but annoying to not have done.

I took a shower, it's so nice and warm in this was actually a really nice (almost warm) shower!

[caption id="attachment_2829" align="aligncenter" width="150"] So fresh & so clean[/caption]

I sewed our silverware holder back together, the top was totally coming apart from the part that holds the everything kept falling out of it every time you would pick it up.

[caption id="attachment_2830" align="alignleft" width="150"] Ah, geez[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2832" align="alignright" width="150"] Together again[/caption]

Since I had the needle and thread out, I secured my snap button on my favorite knit sweater, it was starting to pull away from the yarn...didn't want to lose it!

[caption id="attachment_2831" align="aligncenter" width="150"] Sew Radical[/caption]

 I have also spent anywhere from a half hour to an hour each day picking up rusty nails, broken glass and trash that has been left behind. I don't understand people and the thought process of leaving this stuff behind. I think it's very disrespectful. I started picking it up because I couldn't walk Savannah 5 feet in any direction without yanking her out of glass or nails or pulling trash out of her mouth...she's just a baby! Also, once we started looking around we started realizing we may pick one up in a tire if we're not careful so it became a daily thing.

[caption id="attachment_2833" align="aligncenter" width="150"] Full bag...tsk tsk tsk[/caption]

 Having some things to do in town and knowing about all of the trash, glass and nails we left our 'sweet spot' to do our errands. We had a full day ahead of us...crazy how two things take all day to do! The car wash: Wash Joon along with the mats and rug inside (and the grill). Laundry: 9 loads of dirty, dusty digs! Oh and we had to get water and ice, but that takes like 10 minutes.

[caption id="attachment_2840" align="alignleft" width="150"] Scrub a dub dub[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2841" align="alignright" width="150"] The inside too![/caption]

 The AZ Car Wash was a super nice wash and it was pretty much right next to the Laundromat so it worked out really well. While I started sorting the clothes into machines and doing my thing inside, J' was pulling clothes out of bags from inside and off the top, all of our sheets and blankies off the bed...anything that needed washing. While J' was outside getting the van squared away again with the mats and all that, I was inside feeling like I was in a Library...oh and getting yelled at! It's been a while, hasn't it!? I wasn't the only one this time though, haha. See, there are signs on every single dryer saying, Please close dryers gently. I thought I was doing a pretty good job at not slamming them, but the lady that worked there, ironing undies, thought differently and literally yelled across the laundromat at me to not slam the door. Okay, I shut it hard but I didn't slam it. Then about two minutes later, a dude on the other side of the 'mat slammed his dryer door. That lady came out from behind her ironing board and tapped him pretty hard on the shoulder, sternly telling him not to slam the dryer doors. My goodness! About a half hour later, I was so in my own world that I guess I had lost my flow of gently shutting the door and "slammed" it again....yep, got yelled at again! I looked up after she walked away and the shoulder tap guy was looking at me, laughing to himself. We had a 'moment' was kind of funny, but I couldn't wait to be done.

[caption id="attachment_2844" align="alignleft" width="150"] Very clean[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2845" align="alignright" width="150"] 2 out of 9[/caption]

 Finally done with laundry and the van...and $30.00 dollars later, yep expensive here! Thank goodness J' does the outside stuff while I'm doing the inside stuff, it would take twice as long if we didn't have each other there. I sort, wash, dry and fold and he takes everything apart and puts everything back together, especially making the bed from foam to fort! We were both totally pooped when we were finally done and ready to go back to camp and just veg. We found a new spot sans all the nails and glass, it's actually up on a little perch and we can still see all of the towers so we are getting hella good signal for TV...hopefully the wifi will be just as good.

[caption id="attachment_2852" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Pretty perfect![/caption]

Overall the last few days have been very successful. Many things have been accomplished...doesn't really matter how big or small, things are things and once they are done it feels good. Now, we are pulling our fort out early, everyone is clean in the clean sheets and ready to get our snoozers going!

Goodnight my friends, much love and light to you and yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment