Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A new way to get high!

We woke up to quite a beautiful day. I mean it is a New Year and everything...maybe that had something to do with it!?



I got out of the van to walk Savannah and as I walked, I started seeing remnants of our late night party. As I crept closer to the fire pit, I was appreciating more and more that I did not indulge in the adult beverages floating around last night. This place looked like a REALLY good time was had by all, and as this was true, I was also very happy that I could enjoy today without a headache/hangover!



There is still a bit of a chill in the air with a slight breeze...what a wonderful day to fly a kite! Bryce had been talking his talk about his kite for a few days now...time to walk the walk my friend! Bryce brought out his hippy kite...tie dye of course. Since it was pretty breezy outside, he & Mike had to untangle it and they worked on it like the kite professionals they are! Very soon after, Bryce caught the wind underneath it and voila, he was flying his kite in less than a minute.




[caption id="attachment_3094" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Master of the Kite[/caption]

We all had our time with the kite. I haven't flown a kite since I was probably about age 9 or 10 and it truly is one of the most freeing, kid-like things I've done in a while. You can feel the wind, not only on your face and body but pulling the fabric around the sky, pulling your arms ever so slightly from side to side and pulling your lips into a smile on your face. It was very enjoyable and great for the soul. If we had enough room to store a kite, I would definitely get one, but in this rig it would probably get damaged 5 seconds after it was bought. I may just have to find a space for one though! hee hee




[caption id="attachment_3095" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Getting High[/caption]

 After everyone got a shot at 'Flying High', we ended up congregating around the fire pit once again. There's nothing like a fire in the middle of a beautiful chilly day...just chillin' out, taking in the New Year in the middle of the desert!




[caption id="attachment_3096" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Snuggle Bug[/caption]

 The day flittered away little by little but it was nice just taking it easy and hanging out. We left the bed down all day so when we wanted to come in and take a (bigger) load off, we would come in and lay down and watch the tele here and there and then go back and hang out. Goodness, do I LOVE having that bed down! haha It really is something we would love to have: A bed that can be down all day BUT also be able to move around the 'cabin' without being totally consumed by the bed...one day. It's not that we lay in bed all day, but when you want to lay down, take a nap or you just aren't feeling your best, it's nice to be able to just lay down and not work for 20 minutes to move everything around to be able to roll it out to lay down. The little things people!




[caption id="attachment_3097" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Lazy Day[/caption]

When the sun started setting, we both were not in the mood to cook so we ended the first day of 2013 with Wendy's. It's the closest 'fast food' and that's exactly what we needed at the time. It was actually pretty good as well... that rarely happens! I think for the start of this new year, it didn't start or end too shabby. We were able to be in good company with funny conversations & stories, we got "high" with the peace kite and had a nice day of 'recovery'.


I hope you had a great first day of the New Year and I wish you the best in 2013. Shine your brightest. Think the highest. Unbutton your jeans that are the tightest!




[caption id="attachment_3098" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Happy New Year ya'll[/caption]

 PEACE & LOVE

3 comments:

  1. I keep telling myself, "I am exactly where I am supposed to be, I am exactly where I am supposed to be, I am exactly where I am supposed to be, I am exactly where I am supposed to be."

    But I want to be in Q! With my RTR buddies!!! See you Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice to read your blog again. Welcome back! Glad you all had a safe and happy celebration bringing in the new year! Looks like you guys are getting the cold temps for a few days as we get our "January thaw" as they call it. Its been above freezing here in NH for a few days, but more cold is heading this way. Such is life in New England! We found a realtor and are listing the house with him January 14th. Here's hoping this place sells quickly and we can hit the road this spring. Once we get the engine work done on the van we'll hopefully be good to go! Enjoy where you are and those you are with!
    Love ya!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog
    thanks

    ReplyDelete