Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Birds, Baskets & Bedtimes

Okay so I know the dates are a little screwy but that's what I (& you) get when I don't keep up with myself! So the last post was about the 2nd when we went and did all of our schtuff in town and so today's post will be about the 3rd when we got to go through everything. Hooray, fun times! First things first, the fruit. Remember I was telling you we got a whole big box full of fruit, plus some free goodies...I wasn't joking.




[caption id="attachment_399" align="aligncenter" width="300"] ♫ Fruit, Fruit it's good for the Heart!! ♫[/caption]

We accomplished to walk out with, let me see if I can get the numbers straight... 6 potatoes, 6 yellow onions, 4 big mama tomatoes, 5 avocadoes, 7-8 nectarines, 4 peaches, and a bushel of bananas for $16.34 and then the "mom" (the lady that owns the stand) gave us 4 dandy dapple plums and a couple of peach doughnuts for free. Man do I love that fruit stand!! Even J' was impressed and excited...this NEVER happens over fruit and veggies for this man! After digging through the fruit and enjoying a peach doughnut I looked over to find J' pulling our new basket out of the box.




[caption id="attachment_401" align="aligncenter" width="300"] It's a peach that looks like a doughnut! How cute![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_400" align="aligncenter" width="300"] He's a basket case[/caption]

We got a basket to put on the roof of Joon Van behind the solar panels so all of our crap wasn't always floating around the van. You know what this means? Yep, more room but also more holes in Joon Van...scary stuff! I helped a little bit, it wasn't that big of a project but I helped by holding it up and in certain places and then ratcheting some things. Sounds like I know what I was doing, huh! Everything fit right into place and now we have a basket to put stuff in...now, we just can't get any more stuff! haha




[caption id="attachment_402" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Lookin' good[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_403" align="aligncenter" width="300"] It can be done[/caption]

It was pretty hot all day until we were done with the basket, then it became really overcast all of a sudden. It stayed overcast for the remainder of the day with a few light sprinkles here and there, nothing to write home (wherever that is) about. The birds came out too....the BIG birds. Usually we'll see Crows flying overhead or by us on a daily but today these Hawks were circling us, stalking us and I'm pretty sure they were sizing Savannah up.




[caption id="attachment_405" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Sizin' Nana Bug up[/caption]

She's just a bit too big for them, but after walking around the van and looking up into the trees and seeing 5 of them just sitting and watching, I brought Savannah into the van for a while...I don't need a heart attack happening right now!




[caption id="attachment_404" align="aligncenter" width="225"] This was taken from the side of the van. Do you see all the birds? There's at least three in this shot, 2 on the left in the back and one on the right. There were two more not in this pic![/caption]

The next couple of days were pretty much blah for me. I went off of all of my medications and started using supplements and vitamins in their place and changed my diet so you could imagine the fun I was having..woo hoo (very sarcastically). I've learned how to "whip" up (in 45 minutes of course) some brown rice and make some pretty good mixtures in the last week. J' said to me the other day, "I think this is the most I've ever seen you cook." haha I said, "Me too!" My mother would be proud I'm sure!




[caption id="attachment_406" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Brown rice, french green beans, mushrooms and chicken with some gravy[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_408" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Brown rice seasoned with soy sauce and sweet potatoes[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_409" align="aligncenter" width="300"] An ultimate fave; tomato & avocado on whole wheat whole grain bread. YUM![/caption]

Sleep has not really been happening for me at night, I mostly want to do that during the day but pass on it thinking if I do nap then I won't get any sleep at night, then I still get no sleep at night...it's a vicious cycle. Sometimes I can hear that sleep medication calling out my name, but I need to figure something else out for when I'm out of that, I'm out. I've tried Melatonin, it keeps me more awake then restful. I've tried Passion Flower Extract, Trace Minerals, tea, magnesium, all of that together, all of it at different times...I don't know.




[caption id="attachment_407" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Trying to figure out sleepy time[/caption]

It's a learning process and I'm learning what works for a lot of people doesn't work for me but there's gotta be something out there that can get this girl to sleep! Insomnia is a bitch and runs in my family but there's gotta be a natural cure, there's just gotta be...and I'm bound to find it! So yeah, I got my guitar out a few days ago thinking if I saw it on a daily I would pick it up, but that motivation thing has just not been there since "the change". I'm sure it will pick back up... so she sits waiting for me. It's just so hard to sit and be motivated to do something you don't know how to do and have to teach yourself when you don't know what you're doing! haha The few videos I downloaded before we left Georgia are getting old to me, but we can't really afford to be downloading a whole bunch of crappy videos to go against our data if I don't know if they are even going to help me. I know, I know, the things I have to worry about! I guess I would rather have this problem then the thousand I would have otherwise in 'that other life'. Keep wishing me well on this transition...and wish J' well too, sometimes I think he needs it more than I do...poor guy. We'll get through it, we've been through much much worse together. Keep us in your good juju as you are always in ours.




[caption id="attachment_410" align="aligncenter" width="300"] She lives the roughest life![/caption]

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment