Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 21-28...phew

I'm actually not that happy to say this, but I do have an excuse why it's been 8 days since I last wrote....okay LOTS of excuses and I'm going to use every last one of them! ha

The 21st I woke up bored as all hell, did some things on the computer, puttzed around for a bit and then got out my ganked yo-yo I got from the store a while back. J' said to me, "I don't even know you right now, you are playing with a yo-o!" haha It was pretty funny and it didn't last long due to the sucky yo-yo...and no it wasn't my skills...well maybe.

[caption id="attachment_594" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Yo Yo-ing[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_595" align="aligncenter" width="225"] A different way to Yo-Yo[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_596" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Fun's over[/caption]

 After all of the fun, I spent some time with my stones, spread them all out to make sure they are all getting a little sunshine! Savannah likes my stones too, she thinks sometimes if I'm not looking she'll just take one for herself, so I have learned to watch her when she's around them...my little hoarder!

[caption id="attachment_597" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Nosin' around[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_598" align="aligncenter" width="300"] My nosy baby[/caption]

That night I made this grand meal of potatoes, onions, mushrooms, brown rice, green beans, & chicken all mixed up. It was good and there was a ton of it. I think I ate waaaaay more than I should have because this little girl got sicker than a dog that night.

[caption id="attachment_599" align="aligncenter" width="300"] A big mess[/caption]

I'm blaming it on, well one myself because I had Peanut Butter and apples right before dinner and you know I can't handle Peanut Butter OR it could have been the brown rice from the day before or the amount I ate...but I haven't been sick like that in a while. I even had to go outside in the pitch black (with a flashlight of course) to puke in a plastic bag...now that was a sight to see. Luckily, I was able to get most of whatever it was out before midnight because we got the biggest thunderstorm of the summer at about 12:45 a.m. If I didn't feel so shitty it would have been even more amazing but the lightning and thunder were making me quite ill. The lightning was super bright and the thunder shook the entire van. It was pretty sweet though. Although all my mind could do was obsess over what was getting thoroughly soaked and there was nothing I could...or wanted to do about it.

Woke up on the 22nd and everything was bright & sunny again. The birds were chirping their beautiful songs and everything was glistening from the storm. It was quite breathtaking. I still felt quite ill; queasy, dizzy, light-headed, just all together nasty. I went over to see the "damage" that was done due to about 5 1/2- 6 hours of rain. I was actually pretty impressed that only a few things were wet and not even soaking wet, just enough to cause a foul odor ...that stuff I laid out in the sun.

[caption id="attachment_601" align="aligncenter" width="300"] We love the sun![/caption]

Then I remembered my stones that I put out during the day...I left the lid to my box open. I'm sure they loved the shower from their very own Mother Nature and I was just glad to have put a sealer on the box after I painted it!

[caption id="attachment_602" align="aligncenter" width="300"] My Box is sealed![/caption]

 The rest of the day I pretty much sunk myself in my chair finding it even hard to play my silly Bingo games or do anything of value. Later J' asked me if I wanted to take a walk to get a change of scenery and get new air...good idea. We walked and walked and decided we would stop and say hi to SoulRaven, he wasn't at his camp so we kept on walking. We took a different trail just to see where it went, we saw some different things and learned that it was pretty much just a dead-end (that was on the other side of The Passion Post).

[caption id="attachment_603" align="aligncenter" width="300"] A bunch of girls' clothing from years ago, hope she's okay.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_604" align="aligncenter" width="300"] See...he does exist[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_605" align="aligncenter" width="225"] A Tree-o[/caption]

As we started walking out of our newly found dead-end, we heard SoulRaven's van start up, so we decided to walk up and go meet him. He rolled up to the top of the rock and there we were. He said, "I have pizza for you." This must be Serendipity!! We got back over to where he camps and there was Bob and Homer, Zeke jumped out of the van and all the dogs played together for a bit.

[caption id="attachment_607" align="aligncenter" width="300"] The Fur Flock[/caption]

Bob had gone down to Fresno and on his way back he stopped and got everyone a $5.00 pizza...he's such a nice guy. He totally reminds us of Jesus! We talked with SoulRaven for a bit at his camp and then headed back to ours before it got dark...it sure is getting chilly in the evenings. Happy to have pizza after feeling so crummy all day, Bob sure does know how to win this girl over!!

[caption id="attachment_608" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Gimme a pizza & I'll give you a smile![/caption]

The 23rd I felt a bit more refreshed than I had felt for the past two days so I figured I would get some work done on my blog. After all I still haven't moved all of my pics over from the other blog and today I was feeling more motivated to do it. Low and behold we have almost NO internet. The little signal we had kept kicking us off every 5 seconds, I couldn't even open my home page of Google...next! I decided to repaint my tootsies and "phalanges". I went with my sparkly blue on the tootsies and my pretty in pink on the digits.

[caption id="attachment_609" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Pretty Pretty Princess[/caption]

The rest of the day was pretty much a bust. I walked Savannah on a new trail, but not too far with my fear of getting lost. Everyone thinks I'm funny out here because of that, they're like, "Why don't you just go, remember where you go and then go back the same way." That's where I think they are funny, they obviously have no clue what my sense of direction is like. They tell me I need a whistle for when I get lost...not too shabby of an idea! hee hee

[caption id="attachment_610" align="aligncenter" width="225"] She's so preoccupied[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_611" align="aligncenter" width="300"] My beautiful Banana-rama[/caption]

 The 24th I got stung by a "Meat Bee" a.k.a Yellow Jacket a.k.a nasty lil son of a bitch. I mean Oww, oww, oww. I can't believe that these little buggers can pack such a punch. I was cooking dinner and I had a long (down to my ankles) dress on...dinner time is when they are the worst. I was just walking away from the table and BAM! I thought I caught my leg on fire. I screamed and yelled at J', "I've been attacked, I think I just got stung by one of those lil F*er's." I pulled up my dress and there it was a small red dot, starting to swell and burning like a fire pit. Yes, I cried a little bit because it hurt so bad. J' played doctor to me and swabbed me up with a bunch of stuff due to us not having anything for "bee" stings. Four days later and it's pretty itchy. I'm so glad I'm not allergic to them or that would have not been very pretty. Now it's on between me, them and the (new bouts of) red ants...what the heck man!

[caption id="attachment_612" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Just the beginning[/caption]

The 25th was much more fun! We had to go get water, woo hoo. It's kind of fun to go into "town" (Shaver Lake) to get some fresh air and see new things and it was Saturday! We headed in kind of early around 10:30 or so to beat the weekend crowds. We dumped our trash, got our water, ran into SoulRaven,  stopped by Shaver Lake and walked around, got a mini pizza from the best pizza place ever, went to the hardware store and then headed back to camp.

[caption id="attachment_614" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Fillin' up the water jugs[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_615" align="aligncenter" width="300"] *In the back* I don't think that's how you canoe![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_616" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Bug's day at the lake[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_617" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Our mini- Hawaiian Vacation[/caption]

SoulRaven gave us an antennae that he had that broke, he said if we could fix it, we could have it. J' epoxied it and set it to dry...maybe we would get a better signal and could get more variety in TV!!

[caption id="attachment_618" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Mr. Fix It[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_619" align="aligncenter" width="300"] He's a biggun[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_620" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Looks like an alien's gun![/caption]

 The 26th & 27th weren't much different than the last few days, I've still been feeling a bit ill but now it's due to it being "Shark Week" more than anything else. I took some pics of the bed when it's down because we don't have any.

[caption id="attachment_622" align="aligncenter" width="300"] From the back with back open[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_623" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Inside looking out[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_624" align="aligncenter" width="300"] From Drivers seat[/caption]

 We finally put the antennae up...it doesn't capture any new signal but it looks cool and maybe it will in a different place.

[caption id="attachment_625" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Now we can contact our Alien friends![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_626" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Our "upstairs" set-up[/caption]

 So now we are all caught up to today... the 28th. So far I have tackled about 6 Yellow Jackets, all I can say is Me: 9  Yellow Jackets: 1 haha. I took a shower, it's getting chilly out here even during the day so I gotta move fast but being clean is like nothing else. Now I've caught everyone up on the past week, so see with my ickiness, bugs and failing internet issues I have more than one excuse and I think I used them all! Hope you had a great weekend and are having an awesome start to this week. Catch ya on the flip side yo


1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady!! Glad to see you're back in the world of internet. This regular was starting to worry!! I hear ya on the Yellow Jackets!! We were attacked when we lived in Guam by Mud Dobbers while mowing the lawn. We each got 8-10 stings when we hit the clothes line their nest was in with the mower. YOUCH!!!
    With much Love