Monday, August 6, 2012

Change for change

Okay I think an update is in order here! I would say things have been hectic but I think it's just that way in my head and before I know it several days have gone by! haha Anyway let's see what have we been up to...?? Well...oh Lúnasa sásta (that's Happy August to the people that don't speak Irish...I don't either I just think it's fun to translate stuff!) On the 2nd of August we went down to Fresno to pick up some stuff at the Postal place and grocery shop, among other things as always. We didn't leave super early thinking we could definitely get all of our stuff done by the time the sun would be setting...haha we are silly, yes we are! We left about 10-10:30 a.m. We went down with a plan this time, a list written out for the groceries, a list or budget you might say for the entire day. We thought this would lessen our stress but we can be fooled ya know!? We picked up our stuff and a few things for Bob & Miss Cherry at the Postal place then headed onto the rest of our errands. We proceeded to the laundromat with our 6 loads of filthy laundry. I didn't think it was that bad, we did 6 loads of laundry for $15.00 roughly and we were only there for about an hour and a half...maybe 2 hours (I'm quick and to the point man, I'm a folding machine). There is something strange about going to the laundromat though, it makes me feel like a normal person...maybe it's the domestication. J' helped by making the bed while I folded the rest of the clothes, this helped on time immensely...thanks babaa'! We went to a self car wash instead of the one we went to before because we now have the solar on the roof...not good to go through a car wash with that!




[caption id="attachment_388" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Dirty girl[/caption]

We got to the car wash and their coin machine didn't work so we drove back to the laundromat to get change and then back to the car wash. The van was filthy, just like everything else we own haha...including our feet (yes we washed those too!)




[caption id="attachment_391" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Gotta get the tootsies clean![/caption]

We thought it was neat when we got to the car wash there was a couple of guys, that looked like they just bought this Westfalia, they were cleaning it out and up. It was pretty nostalgic.




[caption id="attachment_389" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Wonder what they're going to do with her?[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_392" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Just like new[/caption]

Now that our clothes were clean and Joon Van was clean, it was time to grocery shop...ugh...the dreaded Wal-mart. We had to get some vitamins there anyway, so we just planned on getting what we needed and getting the hell out...we had a list, should be a breeze. I swear this place just sucks the life out of J' & I, the only time we argue is when we are in THIS store, it's so annoying. We got what was on the list and didn't get a lot of stuff on the list, too and left. We still had two more stops to make before we even thought about making it home and it was already 5:15p.m.




[caption id="attachment_393" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Wonder what an Ice Sandwich tastes like?? Ice cold![/caption]

We made a stop into The Vitamin Shoppe to get my new supplements and since I had done all of my research and knew exactly what to look for (& I had someone helping me) we were only there for about 10 minutes. Out the door we go to the Fruit Stand, oh and I found out their name it's, Takahashi Farms Fruit Stand at Copper Avenue & Auberry Road.




[caption id="attachment_394" align="aligncenter" width="300"] I ♥ you[/caption]

I was, again, like a little girl in a candy store and since we budgeted this time for about $20 in fruit and veggies here, I was grabbing everything I could think to put in or on something...without it going bad. We walked out with a big box full of goodies and the mom (the lady that yelled at me last time) even gave us a free bag full of fruit. She was saying to me, "Grab some of those doughnut peaches and some dapple dandy plums and some of those." I was grabbing things I didn't even know what they were, just thankful that we had the chance. By the time we got back up the mountain the sun was starting to sink but we still needed to get water and be Santa Claus to Bob & Miss Cherry....rollin' rollin' rollin'. We got our water, handed everything out and got back to camp just in enough time to make a quick bite and get in the van by night fall.




[caption id="attachment_395" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Cookin' in the dark[/caption]

The next day would be like Christmas for us we will open the bags of groceries, fruit and the boxes we got from the Postal place and access "the damage" once again!




[caption id="attachment_390" align="aligncenter" width="300"] What a nice sign[/caption]

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment