Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yeah, yeah I smell what you're steppin' in

Well the heat is finally giving us a little bit of a break, phew. Now I know why I was always at the beach growing up...it's just nice there: sunny, breezy, surfin' it up, chillin' with your buds....ahhh. Today I planned on getting some things done mainly I needed to fix one of our toilet problems and I desperately wanted to spend some time with Claramae. I was all pumped full of motivation since my talk with my friend yesterday about guitar so I was going to put some of my new found knowledge to the test. I wanted to fix the stank problem of our toilet too. We have been using this freshener type deal to keep the toilet from stinking so damn bad but we both had a bit of a problem with it touching our butts every time we sat on the toilet! haha We took it off and threw it away thinking we could bare the smell until we could find another solution. Yeah, that lasted about two full days until I felt like I was going to throw up every time the lid was lifted. Thank goodness we had one more freshener left out of the packet of two...I had to solve this problem! I thought if maybe the freshener hung down low enough (to not touch the booty) but not low enough for anything else to touch it (ewww, I know) it would work out. Out here in da woods you find very creative ways to do things, so I found some paper clips & some pliers and started on my creative journey! I only had two paper clips so I had to be smart about this. I unbent the paper clips wrapped them around the plunger and each other then around the freshener, rolled up the metal, tweaked it here and there and voila... we now have a low hanging (not too low though) potty freshener. Oh what a wonderful thing this is! No more stankiness in the van at night woo hoo. It really is the little things people!




[caption id="attachment_524" align="aligncenter" width="225"] My handiness at its best[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_525" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Booty Fresh[/caption]

 After my creative achievement I unzipped Claramae so we could play together! Every time I see her I can't believe she's all mine, she's just so pretty. I can't wait to be able to play on her more than 20 minutes.




[caption id="attachment_527" align="aligncenter" width="225"] My sweet Claramae[/caption]

I tried to do the things that my friend and I talked about and some tabs he showed me but after about 10 minutes of pure frustration from not knowing how to read them I just went back to the videos I have that are already on my computer. After my fingers started hurting like mad, I stopped for the day and texted Tyler (my guitar friend) to ask him about the tabs. He sent me some pics with finger placement so I will be trying these out in the next few days. Thank goodness for friends, especially musically inclined friends! I'll let you know how the progress goes...hopefully the motivation keeps up!



Toodle-ooo for now my friends


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment