Friday, August 31, 2012

Wait a minute Mr. Post Man!

A few days in town can mean a few things. 1- You get a lot done. 2- Time flies right out from underneath you. 3- You become completely exhausted because you forgot how energy depleting society can be. All three of these things have been entirely accomplished! We figured it was time to go into town to replenish our, well... everything. So on Friday, the 31st we took our monthly trip down into Fresno. The day before we set up a major plan, that we were not in any way shape or form going to deviate from. I might be walking into the stores with an entire notebook full of prices (for comparison) but I don't care, we need to stay on budget from here on out! We headed down the mountain to do our usual; mail, car wash, laundry mat, etc. When we got to the mail place, some of our stuff hadn't come in yet so we had to wait it out. We headed to the car wash and did a great washaroo on Joon Van, we even washed the inside of the van floor, along with our mats....she sure was a dirty girl!




[caption id="attachment_634" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Gettin' her done[/caption]

Went to do some laundry and found out we only had enough soap for two of our six loads, so I started the two and J' "rushed" to the store to get more. It was funny while I was waiting, I saw him drive by a couple of times in different directions.... he tried to go off of memory instead of using "Lisa" our cranky GPS.




[caption id="attachment_635" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Cheapest in town[/caption]

The laundry took us about an hour and a half longer than usual because of the soap issue but we got it done and met a super nice guy in the process. Still waiting for the mail, we decided to kill some time and go to the mall. I never noticed it before, but there is like nothing in this mall. We went to the amazing three floors of a girls wet dream Forever 21, so I could gawk at all of the major sales and pretty clothes that I can't buy right now...that was "fun"! haha We were also looking for a pair of winter boots for me because I don't really have that great of a winter shoe selection, we went in and out of stores looking at material and prices. If it were up to me I'd have about 15 pairs of new boots right now, but J' didn't like the quality of any of them, so I'm left with zero boots...sad face, haha. As we were leaving JC Penny, we were trying to find the door out and all of a sudden we were in a different part of the mall... a part of the mall we had never seen before. It was crazy, like stepping into a different dimension. We walked out into it, J' said, "It's another mall!" I turned, with surprise face,  and looked back in JC Penny and there was the door to the van, the outlet to the other part of the mall and here we were standing in the other dimension... it was weird. This part of the mall was pretty much only a small food court and a couple of stores but it was cool to find...the little things people! We even went into a Spencer's Gift Store, haven't been in one of those in probably ten years. I forgot how funny some of the stuff they have in there is. Good times!




[caption id="attachment_637" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Who needs a snuggie, when you have this gem!?[/caption]

After having a huge piece of pizza for our dinner at Sbarro, we headed off to Best Buy to see if they had the guitar tuner I have been researching for the past few days. We walked in, right to the tuners and they didn't have it on the shelf, so after asking someone and waiting for what seemed like forever, she finally emerged from the warehouse with one in her hand! Thanks cute little mexican lady! I got me a tuner...if you say that like a redneck it sounds even funnier! haha




[caption id="attachment_636" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Let's hope this works better than my ears![/caption]

With the mail being late (okay not there at all) it tied us up a little later than we figured it would so after all of this we ended up staying at "the old Wal-mart", for old times sake! haha One thing I wanted to do before this day was over was use our 'Free Drink' coupon at Dunkin' Donuts to get us all jazzed up before bed...and it expired today (the 31st). I put in a Dunkin' Donuts into the GPS and this is what I found...




[caption id="attachment_638" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Bummer[/caption]

Really California!? You don't have a friggin' D'n'D in Fresno?


I was a little bummed because it was a full moon and I had covered up all of my stones before we left, so they weren't getting their full dowsing of the Full Moon Light but it was still beautiful to see, even if it was in the Wal-mart parking lot!




[caption id="attachment_639" align="aligncenter" width="300"] I ❤ You![/caption]

Hopefully our mail will be here in the morning so we can get some more things done and get on back 'home'. After all it is Labor Day weekend and you just never know who is messing with your stuff! Luckily, we have our fellow friends close to our spot so there shouldn't be any problems.


Sleep tight, don't let the Nana bug bite!



PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment